Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jereme's Jet

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Newschool
    When they say Jeremes earnings would of been far greater at 3 if he had not been sick, what was his sickness or was that used as an excuse to cover him for breeding due to the lack of money he won that year. I do hope he goes great at stud and i had him on my radar but decided to play it safe this year and went to a proven sire in Art Major instead. I wish you all the best with your 2 yearlings and keep us up dated to how there comming along.

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Newschool
    Which line do you like Artsplace/Western Hanover or any other line, which has done the best job in the u.s over the last 10yrs and which one do you think will leave a bigger mark on the industry?

Much the same as the last decade, the Western Hanover line should continue to excel producing racehorses and the Artsplace line producing broodmares. It will be interesting to see if RNR Hanover females also become strong broodmares and if there will be horsepower from the Artsplace line to follow Art Major in producing stong racehorses.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    I got that information from a well-connected horseman who had nothing to gain or lose by making the comment. He is kind of my mentor as I am very new at this, so I believe he was helping by giving me info to help in my decision making. He wasn't specific, but from his comments I believe it was a virus or similar problem and not a physical problem. Of interest, the buyer of the top seller for $120k on the (I believe) 3rd day at Harrisburg was the regular driver for Jeremes Jet during his racing career.

The people at Tara Hills stud which handles quite a few stallions including Jeremes Jet and Mach Three didn't see the lack of 3-year old racing success a problem. In 2008 they bred more of their mares to him than any of their other sires - and they were very handsomely rewarded for that commitment.
    Last edited by newschool; 11-22-2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Additional information

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Newschool
    I've watched his dvd a couple of times and he was an easy going horse and probably the first horse i've seen on a dvd not to wear a pole, i went back through the Black Book and then to the farms who had J-J yearlings and watched the downloads of the yearlings running around they all looked very strong with good size but the thing i noticed the most was how wide they were in front. It will be interesting to see how they sell at the sales over here in Feb i will keep you posted on how they go.

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I don't know this Thomas Johnson. But I am rather shocked by what he says about Western Hanover and his line. Does he not realize that WH is THE ALL TIME LEADING MONEY PRODUCING SIRE!! He has sired the winners of more money than any stallion in the history of any breed. Furthermore, he didn't start out on top. He started at an extremely modest stud fee of $4,000. In his first few books, there were very few if any, quality mares. Actually in retrospect, the only mare of any quality in his first book was Rich N Elegant, before she was "Rich N Elegant". At the time she was a maiden mare who finished her racing career racing in modest claiming events. I wonder how many great horses Mr Johnson has bred and owned.

Member Yearling Joe Fitz will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by jammsb View Post
    I don't know this Thomas Johnson. But I am rather shocked by what he says about Western Hanover and his line. Does he not realize that WH is THE ALL TIME LEADING MONEY PRODUCING SIRE!! He has sired the winners of more money than any stallion in the history of any breed. Furthermore, he didn't start out on top. He started at an extremely modest stud fee of $4,000. In his first few books, there were very few if any, quality mares. Actually in retrospect, the only mare of any quality in his first book was Rich N Elegant, before she was "Rich N Elegant". At the time she was a maiden mare who finished her racing career racing in modest claiming events. I wonder how many great horses Mr Johnson has bred and owned.
    Artsplace was certainly privileged over Western Hanover by those in the business of breeding horses, and the latter deserves much admiration for overcoming his comparatively modest opportunities and becoming the great stallion he turned into.
    Last edited by Joe Fitz; 11-23-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Joe
    I was just wondering where Artsplace and Western Hanover stood there first seasons at stud, as i do understand a stud farm with great mare's can make a stallion. And did they stand at the same farm through out there stud time.

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Artsplace stood at Southwind Farms where he was managed by Brittany Stallion Management. Western Hanover stood at and was managed by Hanover Shoe Farms.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Newschool
    I've watched his dvd a couple of times and he was an easy going horse and probably the first horse i've seen on a dvd not to wear a pole, i went back through the Black Book and then to the farms who had J-J yearlings and watched the downloads of the yearlings running around they all looked very strong with good size but the thing i noticed the most was how wide they were in front. It will be interesting to see how they sell at the sales over here in Feb i will keep you posted on how they go.
    The first time I saw the Jeremes Jets was 2 weanling pens at Tara Hills stud, and the first observation was how uniformly he had "stamped" his offspring, and this view held when I saw them again as yearlings. My second observation was that the fillies looked better than the colts, a view that was shared by others I spoke with. By the time the sales rolled around this fall, the fillies looked very good, but the colts had passed them and looked outstanding. As I said in in a previous posting: "if appearance counts for anything, the Jeremes Jet colts and fillies look the part".

The feedback I have had on my Jeremes Jet yearling now in training has been: he is a machine, he is easy on himself, he is a big stong colt that is light on his feet,etc......I haven't talked with anyone else with one in training, so I would be curious if others are having the same kind of experience with their yearlings in training.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Joe
    You say Artsplace was privileged with better mare's than Western Hanover, Hanover Shoe farms had Western Hanover didn't they support him with there broodmare band or has the broodmare band only picked up over the last 15yrs. Because when going through the mare's they currently own there is some quality there or were the good mare's going to another Hanover Shoe farm stallion at that time.

+ Reply to Thread