Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team Driving and Driving Dead

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando

Question Team Driving and Driving Dead

What are people's thought's on it and how much if any do you think is going on and what can Steward's do about it by way of trying to PROVE it happened ?
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Add to the staff line-up (1) FULL-TIME former Punter as their Form Analyst & Advisor.
    There's nobody on this Earth that sees one getting stuffed up the pylons and buried or being sent forward to the breeze with its clacker hanging out or put on the pointy end through solid early fractions when it needs to trip out in order to do its best or otherwise just being dragged off the gait in order to follow them around..quite so clearly as does a Punter, even a former one.

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Add to the staff line-up (1) FULL-TIME former Punter as their Form Analyst & Advisor.
    There's nobody on this Earth that sees one getting stuffed up the pylons and buried or being sent forward to the breeze with its clacker hanging out or put on the pointy end through solid early fractions when it needs to trip out in order to do its best or otherwise just being dragged off the gait in order to follow them around..quite so clearly as does a Punter, even a former one.
    You would have to be kidding!! 90% of punters I've ever met are totally convinced that almost every loser they've ever backed wasn't trying.If you don't believe me spend an afternoon in your local Tab.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenem View Post
    You would have to be kidding!! 90% of punters I've ever met are totally convinced that almost every loser they've ever backed wasn't trying.If you don't believe me spend an afternoon in your local Tab.
    I don't think VVV is talking about a former mug punter, rather a former pro punter. Eg Bill Hutchinson.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Indeed I am Breno, indeed I am.
    From around the middle of last year onwards a number of inquiries were re-opened here in NSW because a number of people saw things in races that the Stewards at the time had, for reasons only known to themselves, let slide with little or no comment.
    For example, all one need do is utter the name of Chandon's gelded son & now Tasmanian resident Beef City Beau & to then hark back to a race at Menangle in early June (?) or thereabouts of 2011 where Ben Sarina was aboard said horse and duly turned in an inexplicable performance in the bike in order to underline the long neglected need for an ex Punter to offer a diffferent perspective on things.

Member Gelding Lenem will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lenny Bagle
    Mug or Pro,doesn't matter.We all perceive reality through the filter of our pocket! This is the reason that we have inpartial judges in ALL judicial systems.And by the way,whilst I respect his judgement,HBill Hutchinson is anything but an EX punter.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenem View Post
    Mug or Pro,doesn't matter.We all perceive reality through the filter of our pocket! This is the reason that we have inpartial judges in ALL judicial systems. Retired punter. Such a role would have a clause in the contract not allowed to bet on Harness racing etc. And by the way,whilst I respect his judgement,HBill Hutchinson is anything but an EX punter.
    Hutchy was just an example as to the type of person who could be used. Not saying it is a neccesity he fill the role or anything like that.

Member Gelding Tangles will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    mj mcmillian
    Their is never much proof team driving occurs only suspicions and innuendo. I mean other than recording people setting up races how do you prove it? The cases will always be prima facia.

Pity the poor punter.

Senior Member 2YO HISGEN65 will become famous soon enough HISGEN65's Avatar
    Real Name
    James Lewin
    Occupation
    Full time job..sadly
    Horses
    Sign of Perfecshon-Highview Sign
    I agree Tangles...its difficult to determine what is cheating let alone convicting anyone.

aussiebreno
    Yes one mans team driving or driving dead is another mans just an average drive. Nigh on impossible to police. However it does open the doors for other things. One of those things include perception.

+ Reply to Thread