Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The passing of Pacific Fella also a promotional opportunity?

triplev123

The passing of Pacific Fella also a promotional opportunity?

Pacific Fella dies of a massive heart attack

The late Pacific Fella in all his glory -
    Pacific Fella died of a massive heart attack during his first semen collection after arriving in New Zealand. This is a big setback for Steve Clement's Brisbane Pastoral harness racing stallion operation in it's first month in business.
    Steve said "we had a well balanced lineup with a proven Cam Fella stallion and an exiting new Direct Scooter line stallion."
    "Pacific Fellas bookings were exceptionally strong with over 100 mares already committed, it's a shame as it's too late for us to get another stallion to partner Rob Roy Mattgregor an very well bred son of Champion Sire Matt's Scooter out of a 3/4 sister to Western Ideal. We are committed to the industry and are excited by its future and will add both to our stallion strength and to numbers of mares bred in the next couple of seasons.
    "We are delighted to have Danny Boyle now working with us, his knowledge of the industry,his integrity and reputation as a pedigree consultant are unmatched",said Clements.

Pacific Fella's is a big loss to the breeding industry. He is the sire of 2 Breeders Crown winners, Artistic Fella (1:48f & & $2.6m) standing with Empire stallions & No Pan Intended (p3,1:50.6 $1.6m). In Aust from small crops Pacific Fella has left: Ima Spicey Lombo(m) 1:55.1 & $484,000, Ruby Dazzler(m) (1;57.6 & $351,000), Schinzig Buller (1:56.1 & $288,000), That's Mister Ali (1:55.8 & $233,000) , Mendelico(m) (1:56.1 & $188,000) , Lady Belladonna(m) (1:58.4 & $153,000).

Danny BOYLE

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I always liked this horse i had one once by him he went good but kept hurting himself ended up winning one with him before he went totally sore from fence injuries
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

triplev123
    That doesn't surprise me Greg. I saw him a few times when he was at Wardy's place while he was still on the farm there at Katunga. The horse wasn't really what you'd term as one that was kind to himself. Used to get pretty upset now and again and for no apparent reason. He was a pretty good looking horse though from what I remember.
    I just thought it was more than a bit cynical of them to announce his passing...died of a heart attack whilst being collected, there are worse ways to go...and then launch straight into an advert for the Matt's Scooter horse and giving Danny a wrap, that's all. I also thought it was particularly funny that the wrap of Danny was written by...Danny. Uncle Bob clearly taught him well.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Ouch !!!!!

+ Reply to Thread