Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    So would those 2 horses have beaten Smoken Up last week? They ran 150.2 last night..
    I'm certain Smoken Up didn't stop like he did, due to the fact that CM was on his outside. There is no other horse that fights like he does. He simply was not himself last night.

Member Gelding littlelenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lenny panetto
    Great win and congralutions to Rattray family Beautide has stepped up to every challenge so far and after his Newcastle and Miracle Mile wins i think theres no doubt that he is the real deal.
    In regards to the champ Smoken Up it was quite obvious he felt the pinch from his big run 7 days earlier, no doubt if the MM was next week he would of being in the finish up to his eye balls. Christen Me sitting outside him would of only helped him to dig deeper and fight like like no other.
    It was also good to see the real Christen Me turn up.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    Typical Lance Justice. However it beats his old chestnut "he only got beaten because I went too slow in front". Last week he had Mach Beauty sitting on him, nothing to his outside. This week he had Christen Me to his outside with For A Reason and Beautide stalking = chalk and cheese. The old boy was overwhelmed this week.

The 3 best horses in the race dominated. Time is for people in jail.
    Bob that's a load of bollocks.
    If u can't see that Smoken Up simply performed below his best then i overestimate your knowledge of the trots.
    Last week he had a faster first quarter, ran faster all up and fought harder than last night.
    This week he had an easier first 400, was never challenged, had every chance and was gone at the 200, RUNNING SLOWER TIMES!!!!!!! That equals, not the same horse performing at the same level, the level has reduced, his time was slower...
    doesn't matter if Christen Me was sitting where he did, irrelevant, Dexter put no pressure on him at all until the final turn, Trigger simply didn't run up to what he can

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Bob that's a load of bollocks.
    If u can't see that Smoken Up simply performed below his best then i overestimate your knowledge of the trots.
    Last week he had a faster first quarter, ran faster all up and fought harder than last night.
    This week he had an easier first 400, was never challenged, had every chance and was gone at the 200, RUNNING SLOWER TIMES!!!!!!! That equals, not the same horse performing at the same level, the level has reduced, his time was slower...
    doesn't matter if Christen Me was sitting where he did, irrelevant, Dexter put no pressure on him at all until the final turn, Trigger simply didn't run up to what he can
    Smoken Up may not have been at his best, but I think The top three have his measure anyhow. Which is fair enough to, he is 11 year old.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Smoken Up may not have been at his best, but I think The top three have his measure anyhow. Which is fair enough to, he is 11 year old.
    Run last nites race Brenno 7 days ago and do u think THAT Trigger would have finished 12.7m behind running fifth in 1:50.2?
    Simply not, based on him leading (like he did in both races) and running 1:49.9, he was a 13-14m better horse.
    However of course his end is nigh no doubt and Melton is not his favorite track so unless he can freshen up AND get the lead in the Vic Cup, I reckon he's won his last race last week... Would love to b proved wrong tho...
    Do we know if Christen Me and TTL will b stayin around for the Vic? And how about I'm Victorious?

aussiebreno
    Run last nites race Brenno 7 days ago and do u think THAT Trigger would have finished 12.7m behind running fifth in 1:50.2?
    Simply not, based on him leading (like he did in both races) and running 1:49.9, he was a 13-14m better horse.
    However of course his end is nigh no doubt and Melton is not his favorite track so unless he can freshen up AND get the lead in the Vic Cup, I reckon he's won his last race last week... Would love to b proved wrong tho...
    Do we know if Christen Me and TTL will b stayin around for the Vic? And how about I'm Victorious?
    Mach Beauty made Smoken Up earn his victory last week. Beautide cruised to an easy victory at Newcastle beating Mach Beauty by 15m.
    Mach Beauty has a habit of being resoundingly beaten by For A Reason in the last month. For him to get so close to Trigger last week, we all know how much Trigger finds when headed but its probable For A Reason most probably would have gone past him. Draw the same lines with Abettorpunt at Newcastle compared to last week as well and dust and manner beaten.
    Times aren't be all and end all. Especially at Menangle, discrepancies occur. Obviously it was rain affected, but just to highlight, For A Reason has ran pretty much spot on 1.50 in three of his four starts, but got beaten in 1.54.5.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Mach Beauty made Smoken Up earn his victory last week. Beautide cruised to an easy victory at Newcastle beating Mach Beauty by 15m.
    Mach Beauty has a habit of being resoundingly beaten by For A Reason in the last month. For him to get so close to Trigger last week, we all know how much Trigger finds when headed but its probable For A Reason most probably would have gone past him. Draw the same lines with Abettorpunt at Newcastle compared to last week as well and dust and manner beaten.
    Times aren't be all and end all. Especially at Menangle, discrepancies occur. Obviously it was rain affected, but just to highlight, For A Reason has ran pretty much spot on 1.50 in three of his four starts, but got beaten in 1.54.5.
    If u watch what Mach did at Newcastle and how far he and Beau went crazy in the first 400-600or so, obviously Mach had zip left in the tank. Compare Mach against Trigger last week, he popped out to lead and put the brakes on straight away, then had the easy sit on Triggers back and proved to me anyway, he is better with a sit...against these guys.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    The fact that remains that Trigger definitely was not right last night, regardless of the reason/s. That is common sense.
    Some people are saying the track was affected a little bit, and others are saying it was great.. Which one was it?

aussiebreno
    If u watch what Mach did at Newcastle and how far he and Beau went crazy in the first 400-600or so, obviously Mach had zip left in the tank. Compare Mach against Trigger last week, he popped out to lead and put the brakes on straight away, then had the easy sit on Triggers back and proved to me anyway, he is better with a sit...against these guys.
    Just in same vein that Mach Beauty had easier run in Cordina than Newcastle, Trigger had an easier run in the Cordina than that of Beautide at Newcastle. Abettorpunt made no impression on Beautide in a 29.2 final quarter at Newcastle when race run to suit back markers, but ran to a length of Trigger in a 26.6 quarter last week.
    Trigger is going bloody unreal for an 11yo and shouldn't be doing what he is doing, but lets be fair to the top three from last night, they now have his measure.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 12-01-2013 at 11:42 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Smoken, Not a drop of rain around Sydney all day Saturday and a nice breeze should have dried the track out more than sufficiently.

+ Reply to Thread