Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    Is this the race Breno? http://media.harness.org.au/vic/MXM19021610.mp4 Love the romance but poor old John Meade, sometimes Gavvy gets too much credit.

possible edit: bromance
    That was the race and if you listen closely you can hear me barracking in the audio ! Unfortunately my recollection was wrong but I blame that on celebrating the win too hard! Well done J Meade!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I absolutely love Sparkling Success. Was on track in Feb 2016 when it was having its second or third start. Lights went out that night too and Sparkling Success was in last race. It was the final of a T0 or T1 after heats. John Meade had been suspended a week or two earlier for a howler of a drive and Gav Lang was on. I really liked its run in the heat, and while not thinking it could go on to group 1s thought it was easily bet of the night. Was paying about $6 but galloped out and gave them about 40m, I thought it was all over. Got up in the last stride. On track pokies got a good workout that night! Followed it ever since and probably rates as my favourite horse going around right now despite not really following trotters all too closely.
    With Chris Svanosio being a Bendigo driver , I just had to add this:
    The Great Southern Star, and Maori Mile winner Sparking Success is a 12th generation descendent of an 1888 Bendigo trotter.

Sparkling Success is a member of the A13 family, known as the FAIR NELL family
    Fair Nell, foaled in 1888 by General Jackson from a buggy mare, was a trotting winner at the Bendigo Jockey Club’s Epsom Racecourse.
    She was owned by Sandhurst mining millionaire Sam Lazarus of Homebush Estate, just 5 km from Lord’s Raceway.
    Homebush, once a property of 2000 acres is opposite the Farmer’s Arms Hotel in Junortoun.

As well as Sparkling Success, other members of the FAIR NELL FAMILY include:
    1911 Victorian Trotters Sires Produce winner Lady Edna
    1937 Interdominion winner Dan’s Son
    1963 NSW Trotter’s Derby, Admirals Last
    1970 Interdominion winner Bold David

and the top trotters:
    Downsouth Clare 1:59.2TT $101,313, Game Ebony 2:03 $181,63
    Trapper’s Salute 1:54.5 $222,685, Trapper’s Puzzle 1:57.7 $122,120
    Will Trapper 1:59.9 $266,000

Member Gelding David Martin will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Martin
    Thanks Noel. That's a really interesting posting - amazing to have that history. It was lovely to see the John/Chris team and hear them talk of what the win meant to them.

Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by David Martin View Post
    Thanks Noel. That's a really interesting posting - amazing to have that history. It was lovely to see the John/Chris team and hear them talk of what the win meant to them.
    Thanks for the post David, It's pretty amazing isn't it?
    Chris Svanosio trains his team from Bruce Morgan's stables in McIvor Rd Junortoun. across from where the South Atlas Racecourse (renamed Jubilee Park in 1897) was , up until about 1907. It's site is where Gary Graham, and Trevor Monk have stables, and where the Domain Village is. Lord's Raceway is the next door neighbour of the site of the South Atlas Racecourse/Jubilee Park site. ( Hallowed ground?)

With the help of the amazing John Peck, and the Bendigo Library files of the Bendigo Adveriser, we are pretty sure that Sam Lazarus actually drove his trotters at South Atlas. He definitely won with FAIR NELL in a trot at the Bendigo Jockey Club course where there was a mile track raced on by The Sandhurst Trotting Club.
    John Meade was particularly happy to get the history of the family of his great trotter. One of his texts mentioned that a humble dairy farmer was not in the league of a mining magnate. We think he is !

Sam Lazarus owner of FAIR NELL and his wife Mary ( nee Junor) hence Junortoun !
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Adaptor; 01-28-2018 at 06:36 PM.

Real Name
    Noel Ridge

From FAIR NELL to SPARKLING SUCCESS

Using Classic Families, here's are the females in the descent from FAIR NELL to SPARKLING SUCCESS

0 Sparkling Success 2011 A13 Great Success Diamond Insitu
    1 Diamond Insitu 2007 A13 CR Commando Mary Clare
    2 Mary Clare 1996 A13 Keystone Crosby Idol Clare
    3 Idol Clare 1991 A13 Maoris Idol Downsouth Clare
    4 Downsouth Clare 1977 A13 Caliburn Lucy Clare
    5 Lucy Clare 1965 A13 Raiders Design Winone Soon
    6 Winone Soon 1961 A13 Scottish Star Dawnette
    7 Dawnette 1944 A13 Wonga Pronto Ednas First
    8 Ednas First 1936 A13 Dalla Derby Little Edna
    9 Little Edna 1919 A13 Culloden Lady Edna
    10 Lady Edna 1908 A13 Mauritius Sweet Nell
    11 Sweet Nell 1901 A13 Honest Harold Fair Nell
    12 Fair Nell 1888 A13 Stonewall Jackson from Polly (road mare)
    13 Polly (road mare) 187- A13 Untraced sire (Aust) A13

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    That was the race and if you listen closely you can hear me barracking in the audio ! Unfortunately my recollection was wrong but I blame that on celebrating the win too hard! Well done J Meade!
    Love it Breno! Hope you shouted J Meade a drink for the overs you got on the night Now that's good punting.

The last few weeks with Sparkling Success, John and Chris have been fantastic, starting with the declaration at Bendigo. Congrats all!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A $25,000 Gp3 trot race at around 4pm on a Friday afternoon and still we get shunted to Sky 2
    I suppose I cannot really blame Sky for the start delay (thus posting here) but we need a better arrangement with Sky - they seem to assume everyone has Sky 2 (they should make it free what with their regular shunting - I am not paying the $60 on principle)
    Maybe it highlights the problem with stand starts.
    (If it had been a French race, half the field would have been disqualified)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    A $25,000 Gp3 trot race at around 4pm on a Friday afternoon and still we get shunted to Sky 2
    I suppose I cannot really blame Sky for the start delay (thus posting here) but we need a better arrangement with Sky - they seem to assume everyone has Sky 2 (they should make it free what with their regular shunting - I am not paying the $60 on principle)
    Maybe it highlights the problem with stand starts.
    (If it had been a French race, half the field would have been disqualified)
    Kev, The problem was the standing start !! Time for the SS in trotters races to go !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We all know that the reason behind the Monday night Melton meets with the second half of the program all trots - is to capitalize on the French interest/turnover

What would they have made of R8 last night and how the favourite was allowed to keep the race

In France he would have been disqualified as soon as he galloped in the lead and "knocked over three quarters of the field"

I think they would have thought it was a "comedy show"

"quotes are from caller Dan Mieliki"

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...18#MXC05021806

(thanks to the poster who alerted me to this one)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    1.51.5 a Trotter in Oz

Congrats to Maori Time's connections

(not a biggie but if they restrict the MM to 8, why are there 10 in the big trot mile)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread