Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Betting agencies and the current scandal

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers

Betting agencies and the current scandal

We have heard over recent times how betting agencies have come forward to the NRL and AFL authorities reporting "irregular" betting trends on certain matches immediately they are detected. Often the amounts involved were only a couple of thousand dollars.

Can I ask where these betting agencies like Betfair and Sportingbet have been while all this current harness corruption has been going on. SURELY , to protect their own interests, there must have been some questions asked with so many harness horses backed as "sure things" and winning , even previously moderately performed horses suddenly doing an impersonation of Pure Steel!

I just don't get it. They are supposed to have measures in place to pick up these irregularities which were happening before their very eyes , day in day out. Where were they over the last two years?

Probably spending most of their time trying to figure how to get out of paying the decent commission in NSW through the Racefields legislation :-(

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    I think you will find that they didnt invest too heavily on one agency but spread it out over many.

I use Betfair daily laying horses only and the liquidity on harness at smaller meetings isnt big enough to plunge on in large amounts because you see it all the time 5k comes in to be backed at 2.6 then some imbicile puts in $50 at 2.5 and by the time it gets back to 5k @2.6 its been jumping from 2.4-2.5 for 10 minutes
    Last edited by ringman; 09-04-2011 at 01:36 PM.

Banned Colt thesushitrain is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Unknown
    guarantee most of it was cash through the tote, mainly through exotics and quaddie legs

plus any of these blokes using an account are probably desperates, they'd have a 2k in race they knew was rigged and 500 on one they thought had a good chance in the next... so no pattern to be seen

+ Reply to Thread