Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Presidential Ball as a broodmare sire/Northern Luck as a Sire info required.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    [VVV] Big Shark leads all the way & wins on debut at Pinjarra, 2yo geld. Four Starzzz Shark- Janterra- Luck Cam. 3x3 Cam Fella. Paul Ellis looking a dead cert. for The 2012 Nostradamus Award.
    Keep em comin Jamie, when you've done the hard yards and determined the %age of winners against the %age of foals bred that way and shown the cross to be superior to the overall %age of winners bred anyway, then I'll be only to happy to conceed its a great idea. Sadly I'm obviously not a candidate for any Nostradamus award as I don't know who Paul Ellis is, but I'm sure he must be a worthy candidate nevertheless.

And Jamie on this one you actually are the one looking at the big picture, I'm not interested in breeding a 2yo winner at Pinjarra, my focus is extremely narrow, I'm looking to manipulate the results in the genetic lottery to yield an American Jewel or Somebeachsomewhere.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Hey Dot, would you do me a small favour?
    Call me for everything under the sun, knock yourself out, but please could you get the spelling of my name right?
    It's Ja(i)m(i)e. It has two 'i's and no waiting. Thanks & regards.
    PS. By way of identification, Paul Ellis is an old Hermit that lives in a cave in the Gold Coast hinterland.
    He spends his days pondering breeding & related matters but those who wish to visit him in his humble abode seeking his pearls of wisdom must negotiate his offsider & bodyguard, 'Chopper'.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    No problem I'll revert to VVV spelling has never been among my strong suits

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Quote Originally Posted by strong persuader View Post
    How about the quinella in the 2yo Fillies Final?

Both grand daughters of Scoots Away!

That is one helluva way to boost the maternal family!
    Add another one to the family Phil-2yo vicbred filly winner out of 1/2 sister to Scoots Away
    Last edited by dizzy; 07-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Junior Member Weanling Kevin Dinnigan will become famous soon enough Kevin Dinnigan's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin email.Kevin.Dinnigan@Three.com.au Dinnigan
    Occupation
    Research
    Horses
    Hindu Rani. Hindu Goddess.Hindu Rama,Hin
    Hi Jamie et al.
    Yet another 3 x 3 Cam Fella bred winner last night at Gloucester Park.Lucky Joy 2 year old filly won the $100,000 W.A sires.
    Northern Luck out of a Armbro Operative mare, She also has a multiple winning full sister. Best M/R 1.58.6.
    The filly Luck Joy was passed in at RoyalStar clearance sale for $200. The owners paid less than 2k for her....Not a bad buy?
    Regards. KevinD
    Keep the info coming for all concerned.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Beat me to it Kevin. How about them apples eh? Paul Ellis, Nostradamus Award Winner, 2012.

Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Congratulations to the connections Kevin, obviously astute purchasing. Perhaps someone can do the sums and determine if this cross actually does out perform it's opportunities. It won't be me, I don't have the patience for the task (nor an appropriately credentialled mare to warrant it). As you said earlier VVV there are (and have been) any number of Cam Fella line sires available in Australia- Bettors Delight covers how many mares each year?, Armbro Operative's foal tally exceeds 2000, how many fillies have gone to stud etc. Put simply there has been a huge opportunity for this cross to occur and therefore produce winners, which this season has included a couple that have won significant races.

When you next gain an audience with your friend VVV please enquire politely for me if his prediction was based on pedigree or probability, lest he actually be eligible for the Nobel Prize for mathematics which I for one would most certainly not wish to deny him.

+ Reply to Thread