Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 3yo Holloway Classic Ballarat

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

3yo Holloway Classic Ballarat

The $15k 3yo Holloway Classic at Ballarat on Friday
    All 6 nominations are from the Stewart stable
    2 late noms (to make sure the race stood up?)
    Will the late ones end up being scratchings?
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Kevin, I notice many 6 horse races have 1 scratching. A lot of phantom nominating going on just to get races to hold up. I doubt the board would care to much either but it's not good for turnover. It's fine if you have 5 quality horses running but it's not often the case and you end up with a very short priced fav.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    From the stewards:-

As Trainer Emma Stewart has all of the six (6) horses engaged in Race 7 at Ballarat on Friday 24 May 2019, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards notify that connections of the respective horses have indicated the following intended driving tactics to be adopted:

N1 ALWAYS FAST - to be driven with cover;
    N2 CENTENARIO - to be driven forward;
    N3 TWO TIMES BETTOR - to be driven with cover;
    N4 HURRICANE HARLEY - to be driven forward with cover;
    N5 FOURBIGMEN - may look to work forward;
    N6 DEMON DELIGHT - to be driven for one run.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by arlington View Post
    From the stewards:-

As Trainer Emma Stewart has all of the six (6) horses engaged in Race 7 at Ballarat on Friday 24 May 2019, Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Stewards notify that connections of the respective horses have indicated the following intended driving tactics to be adopted:

N1 ALWAYS FAST - to be driven with cover;
    N2 CENTENARIO - to be driven forward;
    N3 TWO TIMES BETTOR - to be driven with cover;
    N4 HURRICANE HARLEY - to be driven forward with cover;
    N5 FOURBIGMEN - may look to work forward;
    N6 DEMON DELIGHT - to be driven for one run.
    I get why stewards have done this but is it actually in the rules? I thought they had to notify stewards aa multiple runners in a race but it was kept to stewards?

aussiebreno
    And if you couldnt work out those tactics yourself you probably shouldnt be betting.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Will be interesting to see the turnover on this race, personally I would watch this race but not bet on it as I believe the result has been decided by the stable. It will basically be a procession as positions have been pre decided.

Maybe it's time to limit the number of runners per stable in a race to 3, just for integrity reasons. If that means less races so be it. These type of races are driving people away from the industry.
    Don't die wondering !

Junior Member Weanling Galli will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Kati Gunn
    A glimpse to the future?

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Will be interesting to see the turnover on this race, personally I would watch this race but not bet on it as I believe the result has been decided by the stable. It will basically be a procession as positions have been pre decided.

Maybe it's time to limit the number of runners per stable in a race to 3, just for integrity reasons. If that means less races so be it. These type of races are driving people away from the industry.
    Have to disagree with you Rick. The result has NOT been decided by the stable. These horses all have owners ,Disappointingly, the only thing that has influenced this race is the Barrier Draw with Centenario in 2 , makes it harder for the others to win , but Harley will give it his best shot. 4 of these horses were in the Withers which was abandoned at Kilmore and rescheduled. This stable does not usually have multiple horses in the one race, however owners and trainers are becoming very frustrated with the programming and lack of racing for them. Three year olds are barred from C0’s and now many more C1 races are restricted to 4 year olds and older. Where do you find races for these 3 year olds ? I do think harness racing needs exciting racing and good horses to attract patrons and punters and HRV should be programming races with that in mind. There are far too many restrictions placed on races to appease punters however it is having a detrimental effect on fields. Also from an owners perspective I would rather my horses be at the races instead of standing around in their box. Many owners share my sentiments.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Anne is correct in saying that this stable does not usually have multiple runners in the one race (other than the big juvenile races and features for which they have the numbers)
    It would surely be interesting to see one of the long-shot late noms get up
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-24-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: added the italics part
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Shouldn't each individual driver be given instructions from the trainer and not know the instructions of the other 5 stable runners to ensure integrity. Now each driver knows the other fives tactics, so where is the integrity in that?

+ Reply to Thread