+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Miracle mile

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    [QUOTE=Gtrain;28892]
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    After a couple more looks at the Restrepo V For A Reason race, I don't think there is a struck match between these two horses. The difference on the night was the exceptional driving ability of G Lang who made full use of the draw, hunting out Mach Beauty to obtain the sit and then not going until he absolutely had to. Restrepo looks to have really furnished into the horse he has always promised to be and is racing like it, but when you have got Gav steering it, well he does have that extra advantage that the other good horses don't. Also assuming FAR gets a spot, how important will barriers be in The Mile? At this stage I am picturing these two drawing away and getting into a streetfight.

Haven't sacked Christen Me yet but his erratic behaviour of late is a concern. His 1.50.5 at Menangle in March still resonates and he did leave Restrepo, I'm Victorious etc in his wake in the Chariots, but just not sure if he is the same horse at present.[/QUOTE]

More to the point is Restrepo has come a LONG way since that defeat.
    We are in total agreement Grant, Restrepo is the real deal, no question marks and is ticking all the boxes.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I reckon he needs to be given a gig.
    Top two from this week go in barring some bad luck etc. Third and 4th from this week prob get emergency spots barring bad luck.
    Would be a crime if he isn't invited.
    Wins 2 races, a 1:50 flat and then a 1:49... Both of those have never been done before in Australia by the same horse.
    Trigger did his 1:48.5 or point something but has never got under 1:50 since...

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Thnx for that TC,
    Would be great to have the 100% Christen Me in the race, not the one who may have galloped recently for different reasons, and same goes for every horse who gets a run.
    Makes for an amazing race if all horses can give their 100%

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    For A Reason's owners have made a brave decision by not backing him up on Saturday night in The Cordina Sprint and must be applauded for looking after their horse. I'm pretty sure if he did race, he would have put on a bold showing but this would probably take the sting out of him in the final. With more rain forecast for Sydney this week, It's going to be tough going for the horses that have drawn wide on Saturday night. Smoken Up & Baby Bling have drawn the car park but I have no doubt L. Justice will come out with the handle bars down and if he gets to the lead, Old Triggers always hard to run down.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    More to the point is Restrepo has come a LONG way since that defeat.
    I think you'll find that Restrepo locked wheels with Keeyang Steamer halfway down the straight and possibly at around the 5 to 600m mark, you could see G.Lang looking down on both occasions. If you watch the replay, they have a pretty good shot of the one in the home straight.

On a side note, I'd say that Restrepo has come a long way since his defeat at the hands of Ballochbuie in December last year, lol.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    I think you'll find that Restrepo locked wheels with Keeyang Steamer halfway down the straight and possibly at around the 5 to 600m mark, you could see G.Lang looking down on both occasions. If you watch the replay, they have a pretty good shot of the one in the home straight.

On a side note, I'd say that Restrepo has come a long way since his defeat at the hands of Ballochbuie in December last year, lol.

On that performance Robert. you must be wondering why your Miracle Mile invite hasn't arrived in the mail yet, lol (the video quality is poor but that's a nice feather to have in his cap)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MHC31121208

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Once again,highly suspicious of the barrier draw in the Cordina. You can see the horses that they want to give every chance of making the MM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Once again,highly suspicious of the barrier draw in the Cordina. You can see the horses that they want to give every chance of making the MM.
    Huh? The blokes in the offices in Syd love Smoken Up and Baby Bling and their owners. No way would they give them both the outside draws!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Huh? The blokes in the offices in Syd love Smoken Up and Baby Bling and their owners. No way would they give them both the outside draws!
    Please explain

+ Reply to Thread