Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRV & TrotsVision Quizzes

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

HRV & TrotsVision Quizzes

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...uper-saturday/

This is certainly different!

To be at all meaningful (as in getting to know drivers), I think I would have gone with pre-taping any drivers happy to deliver their favourite line from a movie
    Up there for trying and I might be proven wrong but sometimes an idea needs thinking through

I know JB will call me an older zealot
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-21-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    This week we are asking the drivers to read song lyrics, I'm still not getting any relevance but going on the excellent photoshop pic of Kate, maybe we should have done a few more and made it a Who Is It competition

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...day-of-racing/
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tonight it is

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...larat-tonight/

I am not seeing any relevance still but more importantly I don't think the driver reading ...... is providing much entertainment
    If it is just a filler to break up the harness program, I am sure we can think of something better

Ideas anyone? (I am going to put on my thinking cap)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Rightio here are two quickies I just thought of

If you are wanting a quiz for those at home maybe do mock ups of drivers as famous entertainers such as the one of Kate in post 2 for a Who Am I? (with the relevant driver in the segment)

Or maybe find likenesses of famous people for some drivers or trainers for a Separated At Birth "Who Is It?" quiz

Both of these ideas are Visual quizzes, which I think have better TV application
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Now the TrotStars competition is one for pacing followers, I say pacing followers as third in the Vic Cup is worth more than first in the Bill Collins
    You have until 5pm Saturday - spend your 100 TrotCoins wisely

https://www.thetrots.com.au/general/trotstars/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Pretty clever the TrotsStars quiz as you may find that you cannot pick the horses you would ideally like for 2 reasons - one obvious one being you only have 100 coins to spend, the other being that you must have 5 horses
    I have gone a little haywire with my entry. I am not sure any of my selections are my tip for the race but I was trying to make the most of my coins (I am no great tipster anyway)

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...tries-pour-in/
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-09-2021 at 10:42 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As I said the competition was brilliantly calculated, anybody that had the Oaks and Derby favourites (and winners) in their stable cannot have either of the top 2 pics in the bigger prizemoney Vic Cup
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PP has brought up the fact that the winner of the recent Trotstars competition - Ryan Duffy, should not have been allowed in the competition as he is currently a Disqualified Person and cannot participate in any manner in the harness racing industry
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    PP has brought up the fact that the winner of the recent Trotstars competition - Ryan Duffy, should not have been allowed in the competition as he is currently a Disqualified Person and cannot participate in any manner in the harness racing industry
    That is the way I read it. DQ = persona non grata.

+ Reply to Thread