Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Mockery of Transferring Trainers

Member Yearling Diablo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Miller

The Mockery of Transferring Trainers

Is it about time the Stewards stopped looking like mugs and acted more sternly with transferring horse from a disqualified or soon to be disqualified
    Trainer into a friend or relatives name and training them from the same yard? The latest example, Craig Cross. I admit I don't know much about him but why is he all of a sudden a genius Trainer training all the recent winners he has been accredited to? Everyone including Stewards know what the situation is but turn a blind eye. The defending argument being manipulation of the rules and regulations and 'Democratic Rights'. Another example that bothers me is Karen Crouch. While Pizzutto was sidelined, she was the 'accomplished' Trainer given responsibility to train his horses but as soon as he returns from suspension/disqualification she is nowhere to be seen.
    Are the Stewards going to tell us that these stand in Trainers make all the decisions in the day to day training of these horse and advise the Drivers how they want their horses driven? We all know the answer which is that the disqualified Trainer has all the input and the 'new' Trainer's name is just a smoke screen.
    Please, Stewards, do something about this and maybe the disruption of having to move horses to a bona fide Trainer and new yard will be a deterrent that tidies up this sport

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hear you Greg but I cannot see how the stewards can do much more than catch/prove a disqualified person is still involved - you cannot get around the 'democratic rights' argument.
    I know it is an over simplification but it would be like saying that because you lost your driving license you had to garage your car somewhere other than your home and that your wife could not drive it either
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    BUMP. Greg will be happy

Embargoed Trainer Transfer Policy

The purpose of this Policy is to prevent a participant who is the subject of disciplinary action (i.e.
    disqualification, warning off or suspension) from transferring a horse trained by them at the time the
    penalty was imposed to a relative or close associate to circumvent the purpose or effect of the
    penalty.

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ru...july-1st-2021/

It does not come into effect until July 1

The big weakness will be charged trainers making the transfer just before their hearing/disqualification
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Yabbie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Bass
    Occupation
    Paralegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    BUMP. Greg will be happy

Embargoed Trainer Transfer Policy

The purpose of this Policy is to prevent a participant who is the subject of disciplinary action (i.e.
    disqualification, warning off or suspension) from transferring a horse trained by them at the time the
    penalty was imposed to a relative or close associate to circumvent the purpose or effect of the
    penalty.

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ru...july-1st-2021/

It does not come into effect until July 1

The big weakness will be charged trainers making the transfer just before their hearing/disqualification
    This is a Victorian policy though - not sure other states are doing the same

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Julie Douglas has 9 metro runners at Melton tonight, I wonder whether she will be on track, it would be great to see an interview with her
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread