Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Douglas and Tormey Found Guilty of tubing on Inter night but 4yrs later set aside

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    925 days (15/06/21)

Glenn featured heavily in Saturday's Stewards Report but only copped 7 days and nothing for the 2 times he dropped a foot in consecutive races . Thousands of drives but obviously struggling with his balance

RACE 5 – ALLIED EXPRESS PACE (1720 MS)

Driver Olivia Weidenbach was accepted as a late driving change on Smart Little Shard as listed driver Michelle Phillips had been injured.

Smart Little Shard hung in under pressure rounding the final turn and contacted marker pegs.

The all clear for this race was delayed to allow stewards to view the footage of the concluding stages in relation to 2nd placed Crime Writer racing over marker pegs. Upon review stewards were satisfied that no advantage had been gained to the detriment of any other runner and all clear was given on the judge’s numbers. At a subsequent inquiry driver James Herbertson (Santa Casa Beach) was cautioned for tightening the racing room of Crime Writer over the concluding stages of the race which resulted in Crime Writer contacting the final two marker pegs.

Driver Glenn Douglas (Torrid Saint) pleaded guilty to a charge under Rule 163(1)(a)(iii) for causing interference. The particulars of the charge being that Mr Douglas directed Torrid Saint outwards on entering the home straight on the final occasion when insufficiently clear of Still Hungover (Alex Ashwood) which resulted in that mare being checked and gallop. Jamison Steele was also inconvenienced in this incident. Mr Douglas’ licence to drive in races was suspended for a period of 7 days to commence midnight 12 June 2021. In assessing penalty stewards took into consideration the incident, Mr Douglas’ forthright evidence and guilty plea, his very good driving record in relation to this rule and the HRV minimum penalty guidelines.

No action was taken against driver Glenn Douglas (Torrid Saint) after his right foot accidentally slipped momentarily from the sulky footrest while driving out over the concluding stages. In not taking action stewards were mindful that no contact was made with the legs of Torrid Saint, that Mr Douglas immediately corrected his foot back to the sulky footrest and the accidental nature of the incident.

Driver Glenn Douglas (Torrid Saint) was fined $200 under Rule 156(2)(a) for his unapproved whip use in that he applied the whip with more than a wrist only flicking action in the home straight on the final occasion.

RACE 6 – MIMOSA HOMES PACE (2240 MS)

Driver Glenn Douglas (Would You Mind NZ) was issued with a caution for allowing his left foot to drop from the sulky footrest momentarily in the home straight.

Pocket Thedeal NZ was held up for a clear run rounding the home turn before utilising the sprint lane over the concluding stages to finish in 4th placing.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=MX120621
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    1,000 Days (29/8/21)

since Douglas and Tormey tubed a trotter on Interdom night

And sentences still not served!

The sentence can be found here

https://www.harness.org.au/media-roo...?news_id=42327
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-02-2022 at 10:13 PM. Reason: link
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Poor old Glenn, when Gareth Hall said to him before the Smoken Up Sprint that Torrid Saint had to be the most improved horse in the country
    Glenn said, He doesn't get a lot of hype - probably the stable he is connected with
    Dam right

1,034 days (2/10/21)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Just reminded me of the HRSA media release pre-last Christmas that Amanda Turnbull would be charged for sending horses to race in Adelaide in the care of her disqualified, disreputable and unlicensed partner. How is that progressing, people? Any chance the charges will be laid before Amanda takes residency at an aged care facility?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    1,102 Days (9/12/2021)

since Douglas and Tormey tubed a trotter on Interdom night

And sentences still not served!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Thanks for keeping tabs on this case Kev. On the eve of the 2021 Inter-Dominion Championship grand finals it is a disgrace to the sport (I cannot lower myself to call it an industry) that the legal system has been twisted to such a degree that Douglas and Tormey can be still competing. Worse, I am unaware of HRV having made any statement or public explanation as to why the guilty pair are allowed to compete and what the term "stay of proceedings" means. Just silence.

My own, uneducated understanding of the term is courts may halt proceedings (a) permanently, indefinitely or to a specified date and (b) is used when the court believes some abuse of procedures might have occurred. We have not been told the status of the stay of proceedings or the circumstances of any perceived abuse of procedures. Fill us in HRV, just to stop us mumbling under our breath every time either of them has a win.

In NSW, Amanda Turnbull is training under a stay of proceedings having pleaded guilty and receiving a 3 month penalty for a second offence to the same banned substance. It is amazing that, having pleaded guilty, she then took an appeal to court! No worries on that, either, from HRNSW. And, while we are venting, put a candle on the cup cake for the first birthday of HRSA publicly stating Amanda would be charged for allowing an unlicensed person to take a small team of her horses to train in Adelaide. Charges maybe laid when I win 1st division of Lotto. The complete closure of the sport in SA looks a red hot certainty to occur before I claim the Lotto, alas.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think I will change the title again as it just dawned on me that 1,102 is over 3yrs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is now 1,284 days since the alleged tubing (over 3½ yrs)
    My last update from the stewards was that it would likely resume before VCAT in the middle of this year
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    It's become a bit of an each way bet for me as what will happen first. Douglas and Tormey finally fronting VCAT or St Kilda winning a second premiership? Unbelievable as it sounds the Saints look a good thing, in this two-horse race, for the first time in history. The wheels of justice have seized in Victoria.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    R9 at Bendigo tonight

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#BNC24062205

Note the owner
    Clearly not worried about being disqualified and on a stay
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI