Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Fined for backing your drive

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I obviously have no idea Leigh. You'd have to ask him that question yourself.
    I do know that I punt like that (strike rate wise) all the time. No doubt I have for example contributed considerably towards the pay packet of the genius who came up with the earth shattering idea of colour coding the NSW & VIC TAB logos. That fact in itself leads me to shame. Unlike his Naturalist/Film Maker namesake, the TAB CEO is not out ahead of the pack and more's the pity, but I digress.
    Punting wise, I'm just glad that should I find myself in need there's always the nightly BBQ at work to fall back on...and if not then of course there's The Matthew Talbot Hostel or Singo & Rev. Bill Crews joint, The Loaves & Fishes Restaurant, they are but a leisurely 45 minutes drive away. Should Jackson keep up that same strike rate no doubt we'll see each other at one of those fine establishments at some point in the future.
    Last edited by Triple V; 09-07-2012 at 02:35 AM.

aussiebreno
    I've got someone on another forum trying to tell me jockeys should be banned from entering all gambling establishments.

It's driving me crazy arguing with him. Am I in the wrong here. Is his suggestion a good one or am I right in thinking his suggestion is absurb?

Member Yearling Toni will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Prescott
    I also think the suggestion is absurd! This is the very industry they are in - I am trying to think of something relateable but its almost like telling a hairdresser they can cut hair but they arent allowed to get their own hair cut??

I initially thought people should be allowed to back their own drive, but where does it end, what if they back their drive for a place only?

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    Has this policy been updated by any chance lately?

Junior Member Weanling AllAboutArt will become famous soon enough AllAboutArt's Avatar
    Real Name
    Adam Muldoon
    Occupation
    bike sales
    Horses
    Burning Ambition,All About Art,DeliverdW
    i have backed horses i drove in the past never new i could,nt oops

Junior Member Yearling lasse will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    lasse kosklin
    Hi Adam,
    Back in your day u were allowed to bet.Rule was brought in after u were "retired".
    Besides u were only making a charitable donation to those needy bookies anyway. lol

Junior Member Weanling AllAboutArt will become famous soon enough AllAboutArt's Avatar
    Real Name
    Adam Muldoon
    Occupation
    bike sales
    Horses
    Burning Ambition,All About Art,DeliverdW
    Quote Originally Posted by lasse View Post
    Hi Adam,
    Back in your day u were allowed to bet.Rule was brought in after u were "retired".
    Besides u were only making a charitable donation to those needy bookies anyway. lol
    i thought that was the case Lasse
    yes thats true lol

+ Reply to Thread