Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have been sent this short clip to help convince you Rick

https://nam03.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I've seen those videos Kevin, I'm basing it on the fact that our new infection numbers have not decreased since masks were compulsory. Health workers wear them plus more protection and are still catching it. The states in the US where the most masks are worn have the highest case numbers.
    The CHO says they can reduce infections by 15%. That's surgical masks when fitted and used correctly and replaced every 4 hours. In my opinion it's a lot of hassle and inconvenience for a possible >15% reduction.
    Anyway I wear one just to avoid the fines and dirty looks !
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I really think we should be going back to smaller regions

NW Mildura on its own still
    W Ararat to Horsham down to Hamilton and Terang W
    Metro as it is now Melton, Kilmore and Cranbourne
    Bendigo and surrounds
    Shep and surrounds
    Ballarat and Geelong

Some regions are seeing their active cases going up and I think we should derisk in case one has to shutdown
    At present we have all of country Vic apart from Mildura in one region. People from virtually all over the state are attending the same meets

Shep numbers are up a bit to 9 active (was 1 when I posted a week or so ago see post 192)
    Ballarat = 17 their highest
    and Bendigo is a scary 57 = it is the worry and is the one that really needs to be isolated like a Mildura scenario if these numbers go higher (Mildura is VG with only 1 active case)

You could wait 2 weeks and see if things don't improve as they are expected to in Melbourne or you can get on the front foot - which is what we have done up until now
    Remembering any decision to change takes at least a week to enact
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Can a combined 2yo & 3yo pace work at Mildura when we don't have Stand Starts anymore so that they can get a 30m start
    You have to feel for Union King - the sole 2yo in the race
    Well 3 out of the field of 10 were 2yo's tonight and they ran 1st and 3rd and the other one started $1.40 fav

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MLC07082008
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Well 3 out of the field of 10 were 2yo's tonight and they ran 1st and 3rd and the other one started $1.40 fav

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...20#MLC07082008
    It's pretty common over the ditch to have 2 year olds race against open age horses, particularly late in the season. Remember, Australian 2 year olds will still be that age on New Year's Eve.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The regions for the next six weeks will be known as Regional (consisting of Ballarat, Bendigo, Shepparton, Stawell, Terang), Melbourne and Surrounds (Cranbourne, Kilmore, Melton) and North-West (Mildura). HRV will continue to race only at the nine clubs that have been hosting race meetings since April. As per the recent regional models, participants will not be allowed to race outside of their region for the duration of the regional period.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...-restrictions/

Regional not Melton would seem to be the centrepiece under this model (Melton, Cranbourne and Kilmore a bit too close to Melbourne and the virus?)
    Hell No
    Looking at fields for Kilmore tomorrow
    The 6wks of regions is over and it is open slather!

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=KI160820

EDIT - WRONG Kilmore is not grouped with Melton, there were no Melton trainers/drivers at this meet
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-19-2020 at 12:22 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Not only is it open slather/non-regional racing but the precautionary pre 8pm finishes (eg Melton) are no longer as Kilmore is in Stage 4 lockdown being in Mitchell shire but tonight's meet finishes at 9pm

EDIT - WRONG Mitchell shire stayed at Stage 3
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-17-2020 at 01:47 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mytwobobsworth will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    John Cross
    Are you sure Kilmore is still under stage 4 restrictions? I was led to believe the Mitchell Shire was now stage 3 and thats why they are back into the country region with everyone else.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yes you are right John, they rightly kept Mitchell at Stage 3 as they don't have as many cases as some other regional shires
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sadly this just reinforces my belief that not everybody in the industry can be trusted to do the right thing. Let's face it, if people cheat in the way that some do - lying about Covid contacts etc etc are not even going to be little white lies to them (not referring specifically to the two mention in the following link)

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=44681
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread