Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Miracle Mile

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Whoever gets the next invites it will be one hell of a race. I have been lucky enough to see 2 MM's - way back in 1980 and what a field that was, and again last year. Great race and certainly is something special.

nat
    Who's going to fill the last 2 spots my guess is Magic Operative through the sprints and Make Mine Cullen an invite any other thought out there

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Nat
    I would have to agree with you on that one . For me i don't think Melpark Major has done enough i think the only way he could of made it was to win the Cordina Sprint which he is not even in.

nat
    Obviously there are a couple more that are in the sprint but and have directed their intentions at the MM but Magic Operative & Make Mine Cullen are the best in my view of the rest possibly cannot overlook Be Good Johnny he has put some fine run together this season behind Mr Feelgood and Blacks A Fake and finishing his races off in good times. A lot of the other good horses around just don't seem up to it at the moment and to me these 2 horses wouldn't just be making up the numbers. There are some interesting races over the weekend with some of the MM aspirants going around.

Member Yearling MasterK is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    Kurt Breen
    Occupation
    Student
    Well i hope Make Mine Cullen gets it although i wouldnt be disappointed if Stunin Cullen got it even though he didnt go amazing over cup week. Hes still run some very good times

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I would think that the Douglas' and Roger Bazley should feel rightly ripped of if Make Mine Cullen doesn't secure the 8th spot in the field. This mare has been outstanding. She won in fast time, she's beaten the best of her sex and has flogged some quality ffa horses in such races as the Kilmore Cup and she seems to be getting better and better. For those who criticize her for not taking any real big scalps, that argument lost all cred when Rohan Holme was shoe-horned in last week. Whilst I don't think she can beat the Monkey, Smoken up or Mr Feelgood, I think she has earned the right to take one of the 8 places. However the cards fall, it will be a super race, as the field and the track will ensure an awesome time. Ironically however, I believe the racing is missing Australasia's fastest horse - Imthemightyquinn. Sadly, he has put in a couple of shockers around Gloucester Park facing the breeze and was exposed for his lack of toughness. This horse is not brave, but with the right run, there's no horse in Australia that could out hold him out down the Menangle straight.

Junior Member Foal Sinbad Bay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Neville
    Joke that Rohan Holme gets in and horses like Melpark Major and Make Mine Cullen are still on the sidelines.

Looking at the Cordina Chickens Sprint field on Sat night where the winner will get an invite, Melpark Major would start $1.50 and smash that lot. Won 2 of past 3 starts and beat a "couple of battlers" in Smoken Up and Villagem and ran home 56.1 at Kilmore and 54.7 at Melton. Tell me a horse outside the field with better credentials than that

Member Yearling Jimmy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Sam Rawnsley
    Occupation
    Have to work, can't ma
    Sinbad bay, i think Melpark Major will get in now after winning last night over Villagem, and who ever wins to night will fill the final spot, I'm tipping Lonestar Legend. The mare will more then likely miss out, bit of a shame but that's the way it looks at the moment, if she was going to get in they would of got the invite by now one would think.

+ Reply to Thread