Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Country Cups 2021

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Country Cups 2021

It is Maryborough Cup today, no crowd as far as I know (although the gallops have begun limited crowds)

I have always thought Sunday Cups are particularly 'crowd events' as it is not your typical betting day but maybe there is no such slack nowadays

$25k is on offer for the trotters today and $35k for the pacers, with Maryborough being the home of trotting you might have expected the reverse

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=MH171021
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just like Anthony Butt did in the Vic Derby heat a fortnight ago, Rebecca Bartley on Western Sonador in the Maryborough Cup today, booted up big time to prevent Malcolms Rhythm getting the death but then just as quickly when she saw he might drop into the 1x1 she dropped the anchor to prevent this happening.

IMO this is dangerous, Anthony and Rebecca cannot really see what is happening behind them so one day someone doing this is going to bring down the horse whom they firstly refused the death and maybe half the field

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MHC17102101

ps Andy Gath had better find out what Anthony Butt was feeding Wolf Stride because he isn't a shadow of his old self for his new stable
    Last edited by Messenger; 10-17-2021 at 06:46 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Just for Trish
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Geelong on Saturday
    I am forever hearing the TrotsVision mob referring to the crazy odds that horses were 'when markets opened' so I thought I would have a look tonight
    These are from the TAB

For the 2yo Fillies Tatlow Encipher is now $2.50 - it says she opened $11

In the Cup
    while Amazing Dream has been steady around $1.70+
    Bettor Be The Bomb has gone from $151 to $61
    Tango Tara has gone from $10 to $5.50

In the C&G Tatlow Beach Villa opened $2.90 and is now $1.90
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Just like Anthony Butt did in the Vic Derby heat a fortnight ago, Rebecca Bartley on Western Sonador in the Maryborough Cup today, booted up big time to prevent Malcolms Rhythm getting the death but then just as quickly when she saw he might drop into the 1x1 she dropped the anchor to prevent this happening.

IMO this is dangerous, Anthony and Rebecca cannot really see what is happening behind them so one day someone doing this is going to bring down the horse whom they firstly refused the death and maybe half the field

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#MHC17102101

ps Andy Gath had better find out what Anthony Butt was feeding Wolf Stride because he isn't a shadow of his old self for his new stable
    Rebecca Bartley, driver of Western Sonador pleaded guilty to a charge under rule 162(1)(u) which states: A driver shall not abruptly reduce or check the speed of the driver's horse in a way which could cause interference or jostling, the particulars of the charge being that passing the 1400m when restraining Western Sonador, Ms Bartley abruptly reduced the speed at the head of the one wide line causing Silent Major, Diamonds N Cash NZ and Bulletproof Boy all being checked or inconvenienced to varying degrees. In assessing penalty Stewards considered Ms Bartley’s guilty plea, clear prior record, the frequency in which she drives in races and the consequential affects of the incident in that although several horses were checked, they were all able to maintain their respective positions. Ms Bartley was fined $300.

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=MH171021

$300 for an action that could bring down the field is way too little but I am glad to see they have found the rule

ps Not mentioned in the stewards report but PP has found an excuse for the Wolf - he reckons he got his tongue over the bit
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You would think it might be an anomaly due to the sample not being big enough but check out the difference between barriers 3 and 4 at Geelong
    Attached Images
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Exciting stuff by General Dodge and great for the sport as we need a few topliners to make these big races interesting

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#GEM23102101
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The $35k Swan Hill Cup tonight
    Compared to the HRV ratings Silent Major has come up very short at $3.20
    Malcolms Rhythm was expected to be favourite but personally I cannot have him. I backed him in the Maryborough Cup on the strength of 'what could have been' in the Vic Cup and although Maryborough was a leaders track, I did not think much of MR's effort

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#FDC29102101
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I should have listened to Luke Humphreys
    He produced tonight (of course he couldn't at Maryborough when I go him at $13 before he was backed into $4)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    General Dodge is in the Yarra Valley cup on Thursday

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#YGC04112101
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread