Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Australasian Classic Yearling Sale

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Mightymo,
    Were the French at the sale? If so, did he buy any?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    not sure if they were there or not, but EVERY Love You today was a Buyback

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Hello Mightmo,

Thought you would have been on a winner breeding to Love You at the good price for the service. Admire people prepared to try something different like this quality french stallion.

Probably a dumb question from a Pom living in Australia, but would it be possible to enter this Love You colt in the ready to run sale. Being a trotter there may be novelty value ( if this has not been done before ) and hopefully some good publicity for your colt. By this time those very expensive Love You yearlings may have raced, and if they prove superior trotters you may get a good price for your colt.

Best Of Luck,

Sue
    Last edited by Love Of Courage; 02-21-2011 at 11:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    A very mixed day for the vendors. Day 3 postponed due to the horrific earthquake which has struck christchurch.

triplev123
    Terrible stuff. Was watching Sky News and all 4 levels of the PGG Building came down. Lots of people injured or trapped.
    Last edited by triplev123; 02-22-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Mightymo
    Whats your summary of the sale and how did you fair today ?

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Mightymo,
    I was hoping that the little french man would have been at the sale or had someone there to do what coolmore, or even more so
    Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum do when their stallions yearlings are not selling$$$$$.
    Are you back in OZ?

Hi Love of Courage,
    There were some pictures posted of road racing in England, it looked like alot of people were at these races.
    Seeing the sale results from Canada many horses are purchased by Englishpeoples and the horses are sent back to the mother country
    Did you have any interest in standardbreds before moving to Australia? Could be a silly question, but I was lucky enough to meet some
    Poms in a Pub one evening(not at all strange). There were live bands playing and everyone was having a great time. I was talking to one older gentleman and some how we got on to standardbreds, at this time his eyes got a sparkle in them(could have been the wine). He had breed to frozen semen that was sent from Australia to England, had purchased horses from Canada and sent them back to his home. We became instant best friends. The pub was in Brazil.
    Last edited by justdoit; 02-23-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Firstly, let me say that my thoughts today are with my many friends and their families in Christchurch and my sympathies go out to those who have lost loved ones.. The picture sare totally awful. Had my wife and I gone over for the sales as we have done for the last 5 years, then we would have been right in the middle of it. We have previously stayed at 2 of the hotels that collapsed.

as for the sales, it was a total disaster. I was literally on the phone to my agent as the earthquake hit. it was lot 203. My first lot was 204. Half the auditorium just ran outside(and never came back), phones were down for most of the day. IMO they should have just called the sales off. I bought all 4 lots back today - some at 5 and 6k for a Mach 3, Art major and Jeremes Jet. It was not a reflection on them, but rather that in the main a horse auction was not the main focus today

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo
    Sorry to hear that all did not go well for you at the sale's today, what do you do next do you try and sell them private or do you break them in and race them or even break them in and put them through the Ready To Run sale later on in the year.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Hi Mightymo,
    I was thinking that you had made your way over for the sale this year.

It is an extremely terrible thing that has happened.
    Last edited by justdoit; 02-23-2011 at 05:48 AM. Reason: don't know what else to write on this topic:(

+ Reply to Thread