Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Possible Barrier Draw

aussiebreno

Possible Barrier Draw

This thread is dedicated to the PBD discussion.
    To me lets say we have a track with 7 off the front max of 12 starters.
    Best to worst draw is
    FR1
    FR2
    FR3
    FR4
    FR5
    SR2
    SR1
    SR3
    FR6
    SR4
    FR7
    SR5

Depends on the track of course, this post is in mind with no sprint lane therefore SR1 is back further than a track with a sprint lane.

At Young tomorrow in Race 1 a 2yo its PBD L$. SR2 Desirable Guy is supposed to get a worse draw than Dream Runna and Condagen. Dream Runna is FR6 and Condagen is SR1. To me that is an unfair system.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

Never looked at it like that before but it makes sense. And for interest sake i was going to back Dream Runna if it had of got a bit better draw due to it being her home track.

buster
    They have the track grid in Victoria Aussie, which is what your suggesting

it would be better, but problem with those small tracks the equally highest graded horse could draw 6 and just push forward at the start find the lead and it's all over

triplev123
    One aspect that interest re: Draws at Menangle here in Sydney, and I've been watching it develop for a while, is Pref. Draw Sex. Pref. Draw Sex at Menangle- i.e. assigining the fillies and mares 1-2-3 for example when in against the colts/geldings/entires. IMO it is a Claytons assistance because they are in fact, statistically speaking, being handed a handicap, not a lift, as those barriers are not as successful as 4-5-6-7. Essentially with a filly or mare in such races I think you're actually better off staying out of the Pref. Draw and hoping to pull a slot in the middle of the line...than you are automatically drawing somewhere inside. The obvious of course is that it's absurd that they have to face the boys in the first place really.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    The only time pref. draw is good is when your on a half mile track.

aussiebreno
    3 years on and nothings changed. Something needs to be done about the PBD system when a full field isn't in order. Sunday at Wagga rc5 PBD/R. R9 horse drawn perfectly to get in the running line spending no petrol, while there is R4s drawn outside front who will need to either spend petrol getting a position or go back and end up behind the R9. If I could take my pick of drawing 8 or 6 I would take 8 every day of the week.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://infohorse.hrnz.co.nz/datahr/s..._grid_data.htm

Here is the stuff of your dreams Breno
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Where would you rather be. Paul Land drawn 6, peeling back to last. Or Wipem Dry straight into the running line no questions asked.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You really made me search for that Brendan
    http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=WW241014#4
    You are definitely right
    Like I said, you would like the NZ system - It is however very detailed and I need someone to explain to me the 1609m at Addington : the 6 is supposedly ok but the 4 and 5 are not
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You really made me search for that Brendan
    http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm?mc=WW241014#4
    You are definitely right
    Like I said, you would like the NZ system - It is however very detailed and I need someone to explain to me the 1609m at Addington : the 6 is supposedly ok but the 4 and 5 are not
    Says who???/

+ Reply to Thread