Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demolition Derby Race 2 at Wagga

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Unhappy Demolition Derby Race 2 at Wagga

Geeze, race 2, nice old prang that, it took out most of the field, I think only 3 left standing.
    Hope they're all Ok.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    What about Mildura race 4 today. Are ambulance drivers instructed by officials where to park their vehicle when attending a fallen driver? Parked halfway around the home corner and angle parked at that, with two laps to go is sheer madness. Drivers did a great job to get around it the first time but showed sense in not perservering the second time. What gives?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Years ago I saw an Ambulance that was following the field lose control, crash through the fence & roll arse over head. Pretty sure it was rounding the final turn at Kembla Grange? In the driver's defence it was bucketing down with rain and the going would have been sloppy. Obviously a dry tracker.

aussiebreno
    Absolute carnage. Being all of 50-100m away and having a straight on view to Wal Manning down the outside wasn't pretty viewing. When I saw his limp body take its final roll (it looked like it was in slow-mo live but watching replay it happens alot quicker) some pretty bad thoughts crossed my mind. I don't actually know how bad he got it but lets hope he makes a speedy recovery - they breed them tough out at Ganmain so no doubt he will.
    Talking about toughness,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2lPxItw-30
    But what would you rather, another person hit you like that or a sulky come up and hit you like it did to Alison Short. Ouchies....she will be sore. Wish her a speedy recovery.

Edit: That Ambulance slipping to the outside rail is a classic!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    After seeing that clip, I will take the sulky...without the horse.

Member Gelding gregcattell is on a distinguished road
    Real Name
    greg cattell
    Occupation
    stockman
    first horse that fell should have gone inside pegs out of way when galloping for so long
    out of way of others

+ Reply to Thread