Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: All runners to...same colour concept as the....WTF????????

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Angry All runners to...same colour concept as the....WTF????????

Harness fans, WE NEED YOU!

08 May 2012
    by Dale Walker

We Want You.

As of today HRNSW is running a competition for all of our Facebook followers in relation to a fast paced series at Menangle during the month of July. Our working concept has been called the ‘Hot Foot Series’, but we NEED YOU to come up with something better and more catchy.
    YOU have one week to get your thinking caps on and market a name for the following;
    *Six races (heats) each Monday for three weeks to be run at 20 minute intervals.
    *Six finals on the fourth Monday worth $12,000 each
    *All races over 1000 metres.
    *All runners will carry coloured coded silks and saddle cloths, same colour concept as the greyhounds.
    The winner with the best name will receive a $200 TAB betting voucher whilst two runners up will get to pick an item from the HRNSW Merchandise store.
    So, what are you waiting for, get thinking and come up with a name with a twist.
    All you have to do is join the HRNSW page on Facebook and enter your thoughts. Good luck...

Harness Racing NSW (HRNSW) is the controlling body for harness racing in New South Wales with responsibility for commercial and regulatory management of the industry including 31 racing clubs across the State. HRNSW is headed by an industry-appointed Board of Directors and is independent of Government.
    To arrange an interview or for further information please contact:
    Name: Dale Walker
    Position: Marketing Manager
    Phone: (02) 9722 6600
    Email: dwalker@hrnsw.com.au

-----------------

Just when I thought I had seen it all, or at least a very large slice thereof.
    *All runners will carry coloured coded silks and saddle cloths, same colour concept as the greyhounds. No Owners colours, instead the same colour concept as the Greyhounds? THAT'S AN ABSOLUTE SHOCKER!
    Why don't we have a freaking rabbit on a stick whizzing around inside the pylons as well?
    Not one of your greatest ideas fellas. Tell Sky Channel to go jam it up their clackers. Harness Racing should never be reduced to an Equine version of Dog Lotto.
    Last edited by Triple V; 05-08-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added a bit

Junior Member Weanling ojc will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Russell
    If it is possible to run races 20 minutes apart for this concept at July Monday meetings why is it impossible to do the same at regular Monday meetings? It is brain numbing to endure the interval between races at Monday and Tuesday meetings.

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    VVV, spot on, I understand there will be a special trainers award for the first horse to "Cock his Leg".

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    I don't have any great problem with any other aspect of it...even the 1000m scamper which is hardly a race IMO but nonetheless...it's all fairly reasonable, save the changes to Colours.

If the TAB/Sky think for one minute that they're going to force Greyhound colours onto us then they've got another thing coming. They'll have to rip ours from my dead clenched fist. This is burning torch and pitchfork stuff.

Perhaps they should also go and tell some of the big TB Owners/Stables/Studs etc. that they too have to race in Greyhound colours. Go & tell Singo or Gerry Harvey their horses'll now be racing in whatever colour coded clap trap the dishlickers run with. No doubt the responses would be unprintable/unrepeatable.

This is another one of those 'grab a lump of wood and club it to death before it grows wings and flies' moments.
    It's the thin edge of the wedge. If it's not given a nice old seeing to by one and all, well, before you know it there'll be Strappers wandering around in cheap looking hired Tuxedos & they'll have Fred doing Windy Peak Chardonnay ads between races and the whole thing will go to Hell in a Hand Cart.
    Last edited by Triple V; 05-08-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Stop being such big cry babies over a set of colours, let's wait and see what the punters think of the idea.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    As far as the colours go, I don't think they'll give a bugger. No doubt some boffin or infestation thereof, trapped for 8hrs a day in a pre-fab cubical down at Pyrmont, has come up with the race in Dogs colours and shorten the race distance aspects....but they've got the the real hook almost as an afterthought, the shortening of intervals between races to 20mins. That's the single smartest change that they could make for the Punters. 1/2 an hour's too long.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    I am one of the few owners who actually have their own colours, and i dont have any real problem with trying something different.

The reality is we need to try different things and if this happens to work and create more interest and in turn more revenues for the industry, then Im prepared to forego my colours even if i do enjoy seeing them go round.

The main problem with our industry as a whole is that everyone from breeders, to owners to trainers and drivers are all so protective of their own interests, that nobody really considers what is good for harness racing...

Member Gelding NormanS will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Norman Schwarz
    Occupation
    Franchise Owner
    Horses
    Love This Dragon, Aussie Melody, Love Th
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post

Just when I thought I had seen it all, or at least a very large slice thereof.
    *All runners will carry coloured coded silks and saddle cloths, same colour concept as the greyhounds. No Owners colours, instead the same colour concept as the Greyhounds? THAT'S AN ABSOLUTE SHOCKER!
    Why don't we have a freaking rabbit on a stick whizzing around inside the pylons as well?
    Not one of your greatest ideas fellas. Tell Sky Channel to go jam it up their clackers. Harness Racing should never be reduced to an Equine version of Dog Lotto.
    As long as they don't market it as "same as the greyhounds"...

Having written that, You know when nominating what the conditions are, don't like the conditions don't nominate is one option. But is it not also similar to the League teams changing their shirts for one round to support a cause?

If it generates extra interest, investment, it can't all be bad

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I am one of the few owners who actually have their own colours, and i dont have any real problem with trying something different.

The reality is we need to try different things and if this happens to work and create more interest and in turn more revenues for the industry, then Im prepared to forego my colours even if i do enjoy seeing them go round.

The main problem with our industry as a whole is that everyone from breeders, to owners to trainers and drivers are all so protective of their own interests, that nobody really considers what is good for harness racing...
    So true, if we are to move forward we must accept new ideas or at the very least give them a trial.

Junior Member Foal Daryll Jackson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Daryll Jackson
    Fair Dinkum some of you blokes would boo Santa Claus. HRNSW looking outside the square to increase turnover and we get all the negatives. Did not see in press release where it was compulsory for you to nominate. Answer simply don't race on Mondays where you will be forced to wear silks that are going to make the public easy to follow their horse and increase turnover. Greyhounds are way in front of harness in turnover despite this harness get a bigger cut of the pool. Asked to wear these silks for $12,000 prizemoney for final aside what you may win in heats is too much you guys would be for better off wearing the old family favourites on a Tuesday for $5,500

+ Reply to Thread