Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 112 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch2 ODDS AND ENDS - not big enough for a thread of their own

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am surprised to see 5yo Hi Manameisjeff, winner of 9 of only 18 starts, in the Claimer on Saturday night

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM13082206
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Archie/peterprofit is letting his dislike of the APG distort his thinking
    He is complaining about the claiming race system because Summit bought Sirletic for $28k at the APG mixed sale and now have a $100k price tag on him in a claimer
    I am sorry Archie but if I pick up a bargain somewhere – maybe even a painting by a famous artist, I will put whatever value on it that I wish to and will feel no obligation to let you have it for what I bought it for
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-12-2022 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Theoldfox will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Em C
    PP...ramblings of a disgruntled underbidder?
    What's next? Will he be writing about the property market and capital gain increases for little effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Archie/peterprofit is letting his dislike of the APG distort his thinking
    He is complaining about the claiming race system because Summit bought Sirletic for $28k at the APG mixed sale and now have a $100k price tag on him in a claimer
    I am sorry Archie but if I pick up a bargain somewhere – maybe even a painting by a famous artist, I will put whatever value on it that I wish too and will feel no obligation to let you have it for what I bought it for

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I read the story. My take - the ridiculous price scale for claiming races in Victoria. A race for runners where claim prices range between $10,000 and $100,000 is a joke. Sirletic's true value is $28,000 so putting a hundred grand on him ensures he will never be claimed. The next "cheapest" is Sicario who has at least won half a million bucks to justify his $75,000 tag. No hope of him being claimed at that price, probably never while Chris Alford drives him compared with how Daryl Douglas won with him at Kilmore two starts back. 40 to 50 to North America would seem a good around outcome. Nothing like what the owners paid for the horse but that was their call.

But for the money I'm sugesting would you be interested in the 200 start rising 11 year old Love In A Chevy for $50,000? Anyone? I think Archie is highlighting the bleeding obvious. Done properly claimers are good but the price structure HRV is using is off the wall.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting Trev. Is the problem that Claiming races have not been embraced?
    I wonder whether we would have got the same entries if the range was $10k - $50k ?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As Rob Auber just said - he won like a horse worth $100k

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM13082206
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    After watching that performance are we expected to believe David Aiken is a spud of a trainer? Obviously, because the stewards have not queried the performance, just took a routine swab. I would be (a) forensically testing the swab for every substance known to mankind; (b) reviewing the stable returns from current and former trainers and transfer of ownership forms (include handwriting and fingerprint experts on that one); and (c) go through all records at APG like a dose of salts, including who entered the horse in the sale, who bid on the horse and who paid for it.

This stinks. The only thing about this race that seemed consistent was Chris Alford's typical poor drive on Sicario - ignore the chance to get a cart-up in the last lap then come 6 and 7 wide on the home turn.

And no, a change of stable environment doesn't cut it for me.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Giveitatry who was well supported to spoil Catch A Wave's return is owned by the same interests - interesting

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM20082203
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Why was it that Catch A Wave chose to take on the older horses in the Vicbred Gp3 instead of just his own age in the Gp3 Sires?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    There is a first starter in the last at Cranbourne with one of the worst pedigrees I have ever seen - she will probably win lol
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread