+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Race Fixing Arrests over Airborne Magic's Cobram win

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=32263

2 more named

"As a result of the Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Integrity Department investigation into Airbournemagic winning at Cobram on 22 June, 2015, HRV Stewards today invoked Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 183, ordering that neither Mr Brocq Robertson or Mr David Bartley conduct licensed activities or race any horses until the investigation is finalised."

Note: Apologies to Trish for deleting this post earlier (I thought it was the same link as teecee's)
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-26-2017 at 01:36 AM.

Member Yearling Diablo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Miller
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    http://www.harness.org.au/news-artic...?news_id=32263

2 more named

"As a result of the Harness Racing Victoria (HRV) Integrity Department investigation into Airbournemagic winning at Cobram on 22 June, 2015, HRV Stewards today invoked Australian Harness Racing Rule (AHRR) 183, ordering that neither Mr Brocq Robertson or Mr David Bartley conduct licensed activities or race any horses until the investigation is finalised."

Note: Apologies to Trish for deleting this post earlier (I thought it was the same link as teecee's)
    Guilty before any investigation has been concluded? Have a horse return a positive and still allowed to participate until the conclusion of a hearing. I really hope some of the parties involved are found innocent so they can sue for defamation.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    Guilty before any investigation has been concluded? Have a horse return a positive and still allowed to participate until the conclusion of a hearing. I really hope some of the parties involved are found innocent so they can sue for defamation.
    I cannot agree Greg and 'the industry' certainly cannot afford to be sued. I don't think that is how legal systems work eg If you are remanded in custody but later found to be innocent, I don't think you can sue. (but maybe you can and it simply never makes the news)
    Our industry is harmed by cheats, if the authorities err on the side of heavy-handedness, it is OK by me.
    In relation to the latest two, a poster has pointed out to me that Brocq Robertson was also involved in the Cramp race fixing investigation too but of course he could be unlucky enough to keep popping up in the wrong place at the wrong time

http://www.harness.org.au/news/uploa...a%20Report.pdf
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-27-2017 at 06:55 PM. Reason: explaining we to be 'the industry'
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
    183. Pending the outcome of an inquiry, investigation or objection, or where a person has been charged with an offence, the Stewards may direct one or more of the following -

(a) that a horse shall not be nominated for or compete in a race;

(b) that a driver shall not drive or otherwise take part in a race;

(c) that the horses of certain connections shall not be nominated for or start in a race;

(d) that a licence or any other type of authority or permission be suspended.

They aren't guilty - they are being stood down pending the outcome of the investigation (in which innocence or guilt will then be decided).

Provison 183A also covers the horse racing with a positive swab.
    Last edited by Messenger; 01-26-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh
    Now we get the chance to see about consistency.

When the first 4 were stood down they appealed the stand down and were successful.
    http://www.harness.org.au/news/uploa...%201409161.pdf (the last paragraph is very clear).

This latest two stood down have not been charged and we have the stewards ignoring the previous decision and standing them down. But they were quick to quote previous decisions (Day & McDowell (can't find this PDF)) when standing the four down after they were charged. Seems like the stewards are trying to have their cake and eat it too.

This whole saga seems now to just be going around in circles.
    Last edited by thepacingman; 01-27-2017 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Paragraph deleted

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    As this issue is now before the criminal courts system (sub judice) it is not appropriate to discuss here how the courts or police deal with this matter. Any comments here in regard to what may or may not be part of the court process, unsupported by official media releases, will be deleted.
    Comments about how the Harness racing industry does or should handle this issue remain welcome so please comment on this issue with care.
    Thank you

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...eard-next-week

Being the appeals to to suspend their licenses with immediate effect
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    As expected the immediate effect suspensions have been successfully appealed

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...iplinary-Board

As much as some might like them to stick, in this day and age I am not sure that rule 183(b) and 183(d) are worth having on the books
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    How do the NRL get away with not registering Ben Barba?

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The NRL gave it to me - he must be a rugby player. Good luck explaining to TC the relevance to this thread
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread