+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WEG-Woodbine $300

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)

WEG-Woodbine $300

What is the big deal? It helps the trainers with their costs and they will be able to
    pass on some of that money to the horse owners. haha
    Last edited by justdoit; 01-09-2011 at 05:22 AM. Reason: hahaha

Flashing Red
    I saw that article on the USTA last night. It is a big deal because shipping is a killer over there, depending in how far you are away it could be $75-$300. Not to mention $65 for lasix in Canada. It is very expensive to race a horse in North America, at least if they were giving $300 for 6th-10th 9 times out of 10 you would at least break even and it wouldn't "cost you" per se to race. I'm assuming the owners would get the money and the trainers would be able to recoup lasix, shipping fees etc off them through their bills.

I think its a fantastic idea.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    I agree mostly with you Flashing Red, some comments that have been made were negative towards the payment.
    Possibly pissy punters.

Flashing Red
    Weren't the negative comments regarding people perhaps tempted to race their inferior horses for the $300? I can't see how, considering you would only just break even as it was. If your horse isn't good enough to run in the first 5, then by getting the $300 you aren't making money, it just isn't costing you money. So the horses is going around for nothing.

Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Yes correct

+ Reply to Thread