Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Victoria begins Trots Vision

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is certainly for the converted but we have been so neglected for so long. If you follow the gallopers you have programs 24/7 to satisfy your interest
    Brittany has impressed me on track and I love that she does not call everyone 'mate'

ps I noticed that Rob Auber was still doing interviews after Brittany
    You would think that our networking should be such that we wouldn't need that duplication
    I see Rob's were extended interviews for the live blog but I am sure the duo doing Trots vision would have appreciated extended interviews to leave less to them
    Last edited by Messenger; 08-25-2019 at 01:55 AM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Even on course the on track interviews were out of sync with the big screen so it's not just trots vision. I'm still not a fan of the on track interviews because the drivers are restricted in what they can say. would rather see a close up of the horse and hear the trainer being interviewed. It seems more for show that they like to talk to the driver who tells you nothing that wasn't already known.
    I was surprised by the large crowd there last night, again the poor weather highlighted the poor viewing facilities, great prize money, great horses and racing let down by poor facilities. Like many owners/breeders I just arrive a few races before the one I want to see and leave not long after.

Very happy with my girls effort (4th after the protest) and she has a bright future. Finally got some luck in running and with the protest bumping her up one position. Not bad for a small time breeder with a limited budget.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Mediatec seem to be getting a bit casual
    We didn't get any Humbletonian replays for more than 24hrs
    then for R1 at Stawell today we did not any Telecast on Trots Vision until they were 500m from home
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I hope Trots Vision is still seen as an alternative to Sky
    I don't really watch it that much but glitches seem to be creeping in
    Eg once again tonight when I am tuned in to watch R3 at Bendigo tonight, they have the banner up for R1 and the names of couple of horses in R1 at the bottom of the screen (not the first time I have seen this happen)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I must say I use Trots Vision in preference to Sky nowadays as I do not want all the waffle from the other codes

HRV’s live digital streaming service Trots Vision will broadcast The Parade Ring sponsored by the VHRC – Victorian harness racing’s preeminent club for trots owners – at every Tabcorp Park Melton Saturday night meeting.

https://www.thetrots.com.au/news/art...a-partnership/

The addition of parade ring footage will be a positive - mind you I am assuming it is actually vision of the parade ring (and not the name of a program)
    Hopefully they keep the vision running and show the runners warming up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I tuned in too late for R1 Parade Ring but caught some warming up and a trainer interview. I am now watching the R2 Parade Ring. The close up camera is very good BUT they have to do something about the long shot camera - it is so out of focus They got it in focus for R3 But a few audio problems creeping into the interviews. I should add that there is a slight chance the longshot for R2 was an internet problem (have Quality setting on Auto) but I don't think so as the close ups would have been affected too
    Obviously this extra vision is giving a big role to Rob Auber, which he can handle and caller Dan Mielecki is being asked to do a lot. Excellent form discussion and compared to other vision alternatives this is MUST viewing for punters (and enthusiasts)
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-02-2020 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Fixed But
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interviews have been fantastic. If we have these interviews plus maybe a little bit of offbeat stuff/humour or off the track stuff thrown in with the previews and racing - we have a program to take to the public, which should produce converts
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tuned in to see the first at Cranbourne. No audio
    Hiccups like this happen far too often for a supposedly professional service
    IDEA Don't leave it to the last second to turn audio on (a normal but unsatisfactory practice that they employ) and have someone following the Vision coverage on course - so that they can alert the van/box when things are amiss
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trots Vision aren't the only ones who need to allocate clear roles
    Hello HRV, R2 has been run at Terang but R1 results are not up yet
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trots Vision on Saturday night at Melton is the only way to watch the trots
    Rob Auber and Dan Mielicki do a fantastic job
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread