Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: State of NSW Harness Racing

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    TAB members can view every trot race on a 25 second delay on their app (not sure if it is also available on the full site). No turnover limitations.
    Full site = desk top = YES

Quote Originally Posted by kung fu man View Post
    It was my belief you could only access live stream if you were a punter of a certain leve, higher than bronze i think or you paid a yearly charge correct me if its changed.
    TAB account of any kind will do and no charge
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    3 new trainers added to my VIC winners database tonight after Shep
    All from NSW - we might have to bring in a toll for South bound traffic on the Murray bridges
    (I think a trend is developing NSW admin)
    3 new trainers added to my VIC winners database tonight after Echuca
    All from NSW - toll booths are on order
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Only 6 races at Wagga tonight but almost as many starters as there in the 8 races at Menangle
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    In the last month or so 3 long standing races in NSW have had major cuts in prizemoney which IMHO help to explain why some trainers have moved their horses inter state;
    1. Truer $100,000 to $30,000
    2. Newcastle Cup $35,000 to $8,000 race did not get enough nominations to run.
    3. Inter City Pace $50,000 to $35,000

I think NSW needs fairer distribution of prizemoney across the state.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Not to mention generally no racing on Mondays, so there must be a saving.
    I heard John Dumesny on Sky Sports Radio talking up the number of nominations for ID15.
    JD, as I have said in previous post please, please don't kid yourself.
    At least 30% of the noms are a disgrace and another 20-30% are on the borderline.
    Lets make the initial nom $500 and 50% would be gone.
    Glad to see some R racing returning last week maybe HRNSW are realising the folly of their way.

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    In the last month or so 3 long standing races in NSW have had major cuts in prizemoney which IMHO help to explain why some trainers have moved their horses inter state;
    1. Truer $100,000 to $30,000
    2. Newcastle Cup $35,000 to $8,000 race did not get enough nominations to run.
    3. Inter City Pace $50,000 to $35,000

I think NSW needs fairer distribution of prizemoney across the state.
    It would appear to me that every club apart from the NSWHRC is in financial trouble, thus the cut to stakes. HRNSW is putting its money into infrastructure in strategic locations, ie Wagga, Tamworth & Bathurst. That's the end of the penny section.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister JayKO View Post
    It would appear to me that every club apart from the NSWHRC is in financial trouble, thus the cut to stakes. HRNSW is putting its money into infrastructure in strategic locations, ie Wagga, Tamworth & Bathurst. That's the end of the penny section.
    and they'll do the arse Stu. Lightning struck once (Harold Park), the acquisition of which, of course, had nothing to do with the clowns who first ran it into the ground to then sell it. They want their own legacy i.e Wagga, Tamworth & Bathurst.

Wannabe Real Estate tycoons risking the future of the industry hoping for lightning to strike for a second, third and fourth time and beyond. This is sure to end well.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Sky does us no favours not that we do ourselves any - Gp 3 Les Chant Cup at Menangle quickly relegated to Sky 2 when running late (maybe fair enough in hindsight as it went 10min late in the end and clashed with Albion Park!)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling Rob Nalder will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rob Nalder
    Occupation
    Director of IPB.
    Horses
    Conrod Straight, Titanium Driver, About

It is great to see the constructive thoughts going into our handicapping system from everyone. Each one of us has a firm view of what worked in the past and why it is failing us today. What is needed by all of us is to acknowledge we need to embrace change for the overall betterment of our great sport. What HRNSW has endeavoured to achieve with a new handicapping system is to find a way of reducing short priced fav coupled with horses racing like for like, in other words horses finding there own level to be competitive at. From what I have picked up HRNSW have some very impressive results that if correct only strengthens there reasons for undertaking such a challenge. From my point of view HRNSW have had some significant changes along the way that has allowed a better system. I don't like the idea of handing over a horse to a group to place it as they see fit. What I see as being the way forward is system that rates your horse based on set criteria that we can all follow and understand. This then allows Trainer / Driver & Owner all working towards a given plan for the betterment of all, including your Horse. We must develop a system that becomes a National System that also takes in NZ. As our sport needs to have one and all involved and rated under the same system.

We all need to see what HRNSW put out over the next 4 -6 weeks and then constructively pull it all apart so as to understand exactly what has taken place and how it all works for the overall betterment of our sport and not just how it affects my stable or myself.

Let us all keep working at it and see what we end up with.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Let me say firstly that I love the World Drivers Championships to date. The racing certainly has been much different to our everyday driving styles.
    But in terms of the state of NSW racing, 3 penalty free heats were scheduled for today and HRNSW could not even get a meeting together.
    If this does not make people realise the state of harness racing in NSW I do not think anything will.
    Or maybe the administrators should have scheduled Tamworth for Monday to try and get the horses from a different pool and give the people of the North West some penalty free prizemoney. It staggers me to HRNSWs incompetence.

+ Reply to Thread