Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alabar 2014-2015 stallion roster

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Alabar IMO bring out a lot of stallions every year past, And present.most which if you got right into their breeding, which stailion their bye how many winners to foal the dams had, and their race record are nothing but over priced crap that suck people in every year because of their cleaver in your face marketing campaigns.99% of any good colts in USA retire at 3.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Jack, Times have changed, The top horses from Nth America must race on to the end of their 4yr old careers now before going to stud. Now if you would like to pass judgement on Alabar's stallion line up, For a start 15 from 18 have earned a million dollars or more from their racing careers and there's a stallion for every budget and at the end of the day, Nobody is shoving them down your throat and there are plenty of other stallions around here in OZ or NZ. We really have a great choice these days and the final decision is left up to the individual breeder.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 07-26-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    It's how they get to the 1 millions that's the issue,the best ones at 2-3 not the ones that have 60 plus starts and are just free for allers. I can't agree with you most champs are still retire at 3, it the quality of races they run in not the million prize money, half of these stallion wouldn't beat our grand circuit horse here, are shit bred but because their got USA after their name everyone rushes off to bred to them,when their are better bred and preformed horses that race here that can't hardly get mare half the time. If you getting 200 mares no matter how crap a sire you are you'll still get a winner.

Senior Member 3YO Gtrain has a spectacular aura about Gtrain's Avatar
    Real Name
    Grant Train
    What stallions here are you referring to exactly Jack? What Australian bred/raced stallions deserve more patronage then they receive?

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtrain View Post
    What stallions here are you referring to exactly Jack? What Australian bred/raced stallions deserve more patronage then they receive?
    Well gtrain for starters I should have said aussie/nz sires I think are better bred and performed than some of these usa free for allers that get a lot of mares. Here are the ones imo I think deserve more of a go with better quality and quantity to at least give them a chance to see if their got it.

For starters For a Reason And Lanercost, both very well bred on both sides and had proven racetrack performance, yet were put back into work because of lack of numbers. Even a stallion like Flightpath whos very well bred has stuggled for mares.

On the nz side I think stallions like Changeover,Tintin In America, Smiling Shard should be given more of a go.

Then their the Trotters Skyvalley, or though had some support should have got alot more.
    Also Down Under Muscles, by a great stallion out of one of the best producering trotting mares were seen, hardly got a mare.

Even stallions like christian cullen and courage under fire didn't get much of a go their first few seasons.

Theirs probably a few others out their I cant thnk of right know too.

Put usa after any of these stallions names and numbers go up staight away.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Well gtrain for starters I should have said aussie/nz sires I think are better bred and performed than some of these usa free for allers that get a lot of mares. Here are the ones imo I think deserve more of a go with better quality and quantity to at least give them a chance to see if their got it.

For starters For a Reason And Lanercost, both very well bred on both sides and had proven racetrack performance, yet were put back into work because of lack of numbers. Even a stallion like Flightpath whos very well bred has stuggled for mares.

On the nz side I think stallions like Changeover,Tintin In America, Smiling Shard should be given more of a go.

Then their the Trotters Skyvalley, or though had some support should have got alot more.
    Also Down Under Muscles, by a great stallion out of one of the best producering trotting mares were seen, hardly got a mare.

Even stallions like christian cullen and courage under fire didn't get much of a go their first few seasons.

Theirs probably a few others out their I cant thnk of right know too.

Put usa after any of these stallions names and numbers go up staight away.
    I am sure you didn't mean Courage Under Fire- Mares in first four years of 201--163--252--312 and thats in Nz or Changeover in first four years 225--137--113-- 142 in Nz. As for Christian Cullen, his lack of early mares was completely down to price with his initial stud fee being higher than the leading sire at the time in Live Or Die.
    As for four year olds from North America, does that mean we shouldn't breed to Art Major

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    I am sure you didn't mean Courage Under Fire- Mares in first four years of 201--163--252--312 and thats in Nz or Changeover in first four years 225--137--113-- 142 in Nz. As for Christian Cullen, his lack of early mares was completely down to price with his initial stud fee being higher than the leading sire at the time in Live Or Die.
    As for four year olds from North America, does that mean we shouldn't breed to Art Major
    No viv over here in aus.

My point was not against 4 years old. I was saying for the most part the best 2-3 year olds in the usa have historical retired at the end of their 3 year old year. The point I was also trying to make is alot of stallions that have come out here past and present from the usa, are nothing more than free for allers that they wont bred to. They come out here get plenty of flashie advertisement and get lots of mare when their no good to start with.
    Last edited by jackthepunter; 07-27-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    That's definitley a thing of the past Jack and breeders who have been burnt in the past are right onto that, These days we have access to Bettor's Delight and did have access to Rocknroll Hanover until his sad passing, These 2 stallions are No1 & 2 on the USTA earnings for open age pacers, Somebeachsomewhere has been available by Frozen semen for a couple of years, Rock n Roll Heaven and A Rocknroll Dance, Both the top 3 yr olds in their careers are available and also Bettor's very good son Betterthancheddar is available as well, We really are getting the cream of the crop these days and it all comes down to the individual breeders choice, Suitability and budget.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Jack, I think you are being unfair in your criticism of the Alabar stallions. Of the 10 imported pacing stallions, 7 of them won over $1 million as 3YO's. The other 3 are Artiscape $974k (3YO of the Year), Betterthancheddar $800k and Big Jim $710k.
    While they range in quality, I don't think any of their pacing stallions can be criticized as not being a genuine class juvenile performer.
    Competition between stallions is so intense and people have too much information at their fingertips these days for studs to import a 2nd rate stallion and hope to be able to do well by way of clever marketing.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question

Did you get much rain up there in Kurrajong...'Jack' ?

+ Reply to Thread