Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War waged on Kiwi drug cheats - with video

War waged on Kiwi drug cheats - with video

Harness racing authorities in New Zealand say they are waging and winning a war against drug cheats.

More...

Member Filly eljay will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Lloyd Jury
    Occupation
    Retired
    Harness racing authorities in New Zealand say they are waging and winning a war against drug cheats.

Once again Harness is made to look the villains while the Thoroughbreds sit back and say (and do) absolutely nothing. I'm sure Harness followers would love to know what the policy is in respect of thoroughbred trainers with the new initiatives. Can we be assured that there will be no carpet to sweep any indiscretions under? I think the least the Integrity unit can do is make a statement to the effect that Thoroughbreds will be as rigorously monitored as the Harness Industry. Perhaps it would be timely to interview Mr George or Mr Godber on the overall situation in respect of the detection of drugs in all forms of racing.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Exactly eljay. It seems the RIU has poured everything at their disposal into harness racing and thats great however there is very little reporting re the other two codes that they are responsible for. I am not sure a interview with Mr George would inform us any better though as he does seem to say the same thing in every interview.

+ Reply to Thread