Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Clayton's Penalty

Member Filly thepacingman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stephen Walsh

A Clayton's Penalty

You know: the penalty you get when you don't get a penalty.
    Cassie Robinson - Mildura 11/04 Race 2.

"Cassie Robinson (Bettatobelucky) pleaded guilty to a charge under the provisions of Rule 163(1)(b) for making another horse cover more ground than necessary. The particulars of the charge being that near the 1000m she allowed her drive to shift out from the running line into the three wide line when insufficiently clear of Graffiti Lombo resulting in that colt then being forced to race four wide. Ms Robinson had her licence to drive in races suspended for a period of 7 days to commence midnight 11 April 2013. In assessing penalty stewards took into account her guilty plea and her good driving record."

Sounds good but during this 7 days she will not have had any drives anyway.
    No Broken Hill meeting scheduled and she was not down to drive at Mildura on Saturday nite.

So in reality she received no penalty at all for forcing the $1.60 favourite into the bleachers. She would have been laughing in the car all the way back to Broken Hill with the winnings. Surely in this instance a fine of say $300/$400 would be more appropriate.

Or is it me and I'm missing something somewhere along the line??

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Just had a look at the replay Stephen,
    I reckon that was a cracker of a drive from Cassie Robinson, an absolute cracker.

I,
    a) wouldn't know her at all
    b) am not a fan
    c) didn't have bet on the race.

in my mind the drivers in front of her had as much to do with the fav getting posted 4 wide.

I'll say it again, a great drive in my opinion.

Cheers,
    Dan

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    She got time for that drive? That drive was an absolute gem!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Greg Sugars should have got fined (that is tongue in cheek) for not responding quickly enough to Cassies quick thinking of hunting her horse up onto the train. Two horses jostling for the one spot...how often does that happen in a day of racing. Did the stewards say anything about how long Sugars tried to bully her back down the track? I will bet not. That's a piss poor token fine applied under VVV's rules of revenue raising in hard economic times. 10/10 for driving with her eyes open and summing up her prospects and doing what not enough drivers do...NOT GIVING ALL THE FAVOURS TO THE FAVOURITE!!! Drive of the night!

+ Reply to Thread