Thread: Stewards News

Senior Member Colt alphastud will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Richard .
    Occupation
    1300 078 237
    Horses
    TIGER TARA NZ $3,500, LIVE OR DIE USA
    The website jeebung.com suggests that $92,000 was possibly bet on the Betfair exchange for MY CASH NZ to lose.

She won her first 2 starts in Australia by over 10m and so justified her market favoritism.

Only brave or smart punters would bet against MY CASH NZ driven by the best driver in the race in a small field of 8.

MY CASH NZ was bolting and only some miracle was going to stop her... . and did..

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Stewards report says "all evidence was considered", if the betting reports show some new evidence then the case should be re opened.

I have never seen wheels get locked together that tightly before, was it accidental or was it deliberate ? It's not impossible for that to happen, just very rare. It is almost getting to the stage where recording devices need to be put on each driver during the race just so stewards can check what is being said between them .

With social media the way it is now, it is easy for disgruntled punters and armchair driving experts to start and spread rumors about fixed races and many people will just believe it. Hopefully stewards will fully investigate the incident and clear up the facts.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Have a look at the last 200m of race 5 at Melton Saturday night, particularly driver of #12. Should be an interesting stewards report and a long holiday.
    Last edited by gutwagon; 05-21-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    Don't die wondering !

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    Have a look at the last 200m of race 5 at Melton Saturday night, particularly driver of #12. Should be an interesting stewards report and a long holiday.
    It will make most interesting reading - it defies belief that he would think he could do that. Any thought he could have been helping with gear diminishes when you see his animated talk after the line

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...X190518&ms=vic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Why was he looking around coming around the corner?? I haven’t seen this driver before and god knows what he was thinking, This one certainly needs further investigation

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    It will make most interesting reading - it defies belief that he would think he could do that. Any thought he could have been helping with gear diminishes when you see his animated talk after the line

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...X190518&ms=vic
    There was an explanation! Unfortunately our video quality is not good / large enough to show that he had lost his whip

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/ste...l/?mc=MX190518

Apologies Jack - I can now understand why you were waving your whip around after the line
    Last edited by Messenger; 05-21-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    So have I got this right, a kid loses his whip and retrieves it and an enquiry is commenced and adjourned. The states most experienced driver drives with his leg in another sulky and the matter is concluded on the night. Doesn't appear to be consistent stewarding practice to me.

Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    You can actually see his whip fly across when the other driver reefs his. But you should not loose your whip and you shouldn't stop driving and try to retrieve it. In my opinion it cost his horse at least 2 placings. Anyway the stewards can decide the penalties .

And Dot , the other race does deserve more investigation imo.
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    David Aiken has been suspended for 4mths but has a stay (3x4mths actually but made concurrent)

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=37329

The article mentions:

"the analytical results for recycled water samples obtained from the paddock utilised by Mr Aiken within the Menangle Park Training Centre."

I have been told that the water in the recycled water tank tested positive to the same substance which would suggest a strong appeal will be lodged
    Why a lot more horses have not tested positive to the same substance might be the sticking point
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Well, as we all know, it is the trainer's responsibility to present horses at the races "drug free".

Once again, very dodgy, kangaroo-court like justice courtesy of HRNSW handed to a trainer who was guest at the NSWHRC's showpiece horse-stabling facility. No duty of care for the host, then.

Closed Thread