Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Harness Racing needs something better than Sky 1

Senior Member 4YO Fan of Jate will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Pat O'Boyle
    Sky wasn't too bad tonight . I had a look at sky 1 and 2. I supposed I am just used to what they throw up at me.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The coverage was pretty good tonight (only Singapore gallops to potentially trump us) but the pic quality is still woeful - we are so used to watching sport (just about everything in fact) in HD nowadays. Gotta love Foxtel 528 Thoroughbred ch
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Miserable day in the Gap and my foxtel came to rest on Sky Thoroughbred. This is what I would dream of for a Trots channel
    Apart from the fantastic HD pic, I was amazed that there were no Betting ads - I will never watch Racing.com again (which feels like 50% betting promotion)
    A Syndey-sider I am meant to be
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I know I have to reconcile myself with us being small fry but when Sky 1 say 'we are sticking with our thoroughbred venue' when they are running 4min late at Northam and we are ready to go on time at Swan Hill - it really irks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    That's how it works with Sky Kev, the gallopers come first for whatever reason suits the occasion.....every single time, and its a fact that every time the trots get the shunt it just ever so slightly chokes our game a little bit more.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    and the ridiculous part of it Dan, is that even though they elect to shunt - it is to a channel that is an Extra to their package and which you have to pay extra for (in other words not everybody has it and can just swap channels to see the shunted race)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    and if you are not interested in the whole Sports package - too bad as you have to add that first so effectively the cost of getting Sky2 is $34 more not $5 more
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Geelong gallops running 4 minutes late but they shaft Charlton R7 to Sky 2
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I'll have to give the shafting a rest after our Melton R9 was running late (ambo required for a patron) and the Geelong dogs got shafted to Sky 2. Fact is that if they put Sky 2 in the basics package, it would not be a problem
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Yeah, blasted the crap out of foxtel last week for dumping harness races over to sky racing 2 in preference for some back end of nowhere greyhound race. Unfortunately like water off a ducks back, hit them where it hurts cancelled my main Foxtel account but kept it open on a mini-pack $10 dollars a month. I'll reinstate the sports package during the interdominions then after that, it's Adios muchachos.

+ Reply to Thread