Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 86 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 ... LastLast

Thread: Speed Explosion - Track Records and outstanding times

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Mister Whittaker was a very expensive yearling Kev at $110k but I'm sure that Mr Rosati and his Syndicate would be very happy after watching that effort last night. I think the horse we were talking about was (Our) Waikiki Beach. I went out to the Sales in Sydney earlier this year and heard from a lot of people that the SBSW's were on the nose with Buyers, I wasn't really there to buy but thought it might have been a bit early to knock SBSW's stock and since then we have seen Waikiki Beach, Goodtime Sammy(Injured) and now Mr Whittaker all showing immense potential on the track, I'm sorry if I've missed a couple of others but these 3 are fine examples of the type of horse that SBSW can leave.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    $110k that is one hell of a gamble but after last night they could easily syndicate him for a bit more.
    Flaming however is a stallion and might prove useful for a bit more than just home-breeding one day Rich, although family A2 does not have the sire record the low number might suggest (thanks for remembering Waikiki for me)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    In race 7 at Eugowra on Monday, in the Canola Cup, the winner "Oh I Am The One" smashed the previous 2,100 metre track record's mile rate of 1.58.1 with a time of 1.57.0.

Driven by Amanda Turnbull, trained by father Steve, "Oh I Am The One" led all the way and won by 27.5 metres. One to watch in the future as it moves through the grades.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good one Steve.
    Yesterday at Horsham young Zac Phillips did a couple of brilliant tactical drives to try and upset Kerryn Manning's long odds on pops. Check them out - Races 5&6

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...S051015&ms=vic

He stole the race in fast time in the 5th and although not successful in the 6th he forced Linda Lovegrace to smash the Tk Rec rating 1.54.8 (taking .5 off the old rec)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    In what was very nearly a triple deadheat, the C4-5 at Ballarat tonight was only .3 outside the Tk Rec with a MR 1.54.7 for 2200m (not the sprint trip)

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#BAC09101502
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Interesting trial at Shepparton last night, Lennytheshark went 0.3 under the existing track record for 2190m, It's available for viewing on the Shepp Harness Racing site.

Real Name
    Steve Jones
    In tonight's Gold Coast Cup at Albion Park, Bling it On smashed the 2138 metre mobile start track record with a mile rate of 1.52.4. The previous track record shown on the Australian Harness Racing site was 1.54.0.

This was a cracking race with plenty of early action and a whirlwind finish by Bling it On.

Real Name
    Steve Jones
    Not to be outdone, Arden Rooney returned to top form and broke the 2790 metre standing start track record by 1.1 seconds in the Swan Hill Pacing Cup, finishing with a mile rate of 1:57:3 for the journey at the Swan Hill track.

Two feature races tonight in different states and both clocking in new track records.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Both very exciting races hey Steve
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes both fantastic races Steve and Kev and great to see tactic's instead of just a straight up speed duel, Pretty sure that Arden Rooney was well outside track record pace early on in his race but as he's shown before, He can really run them along and make up the time. Bling it On has now made the big jump into open company imho and its really looking like it's onward and upwards for him, Very exciting racing last night and great to see.

+ Reply to Thread