Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RWWA to HRNSW

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker

Arrow RWWA to HRNSW

2 horses ... are you kidding me ?

How can the WA heat which not only has Australia's best horse in it but the first 3 from ID12, a recent Fremantle Cup winner etc only get a guaranteed 2 horses in the final ?

The NZ heat, which is an embarrassment to the series, a typical final quarter dash if ever I saw one is handed 2 invites.

If you dropped any of the 3 from NZ into the WA heat from where ITMQ or Dasher VC are drawn they'd be in big trouble. The Gold Ace and Lincoln Royal would be out of business.

The sponsor of the series made a big blue with their pre market betting for the WA heat. They had ITMQ at $1.04. Next in line were Dasher, Lombo Nav and Mysta all 20-35 to 1 into 5-2 or shorter when they suspended betting on that market. The smart money didn't miss them.

I agree with 4 & 2 @ Menangle, 3 @ Melton but NZ should of been 1 and WA 3.

I smell a rat.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    2 horses ... are you kidding me ?

How can the WA heat which not only has Australia's best horse in it but the first 3 from ID12, a recent Fremantle Cup winner etc only get a guaranteed 2 horses in the final ?

The NZ heat, which is an embarrassment to the series, a typical final quarter dash if ever I saw one is handed 2 invites.

If you dropped any of the 3 from NZ into the WA heat from where ITMQ or Dasher VC are drawn they'd be in big trouble. The Gold Ace and Lincoln Royal would be out of business.

The sponsor of the series made a big blue with their pre market betting for the WA heat. They had ITMQ at $1.04. Next in line were Dasher, Lombo Nav and Mysta all 20-35 to 1 into 5-2 or shorter when they suspended betting on that market. The smart money didn't miss them.

I agree with 4 & 2 @ Menangle, 3 @ Melton but NZ should of been 1 and WA 3.

I smell a rat.
    This is what happens when you try & fix something that isn't broke.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    This is what happens when you try & fix something that isn't broke.
    Spot on Trish. The NZ heat is a disgrace. The second horse from that heat had to be the 14th and last in. To sweat out the remaining four heats and hope that a horse like ITMQ isn't knocked over.

The WA owners and trainers should be rightly pissed. They're the furthest away, they got behind the series in quality and in numbers. It'll be most keenly contested without question and whatever finishes 1 - 2 will have to bust a gut.

Whilst over in NZ, put the kettle on.

I smell a rat.

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    I'm uncomfortable with a betting agency sponsoring a series they're holding a lot of money on.

Lombo Navigator and Mysta Magical Mach were 35-1 into 5-2 just this past week. Dasher VC not quite as much. I think Crombie was also a big firmer.

The TAB framed that market for 1 horse only out of the heat to make it in = monumental balls up.

It should be 3 but it's 2. I know they're on the hook for plenty if either of the 4 mentioned gets a start.

I smell a rat and I'm guessing there's an expert or two @ TAB HQ sweating bullets. If it was 3 as it should be and not the 2, a padded cell needed : )

Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Perhaps HRNSW should ask one of the CSG companies drilling in their backyard to sponsor next year.

That's more palatable me than the TAB : )

Banned Foal brother cool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Walters
    The I D is about getting the best field and this series is a joke

+ Reply to Thread