Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Selections-I was there or thereabouts

triplev123

Selections-I was there or thereabouts

G'day Don C,

Franco Jamar is a sharp horse huh? Very impressive.
    I knocked out a Menangle Selections-Open At Own Risk page yesterday then took another look at it and turfed the idea but maybe I shouldn't have because it looks like I am working back into form again.

Race 1 was Stike Up The Band (4th)
    Race 2 was The Smiler (2nd)
    Race 3 was Eilis Rose (3rd)
    Race 4 was Jaydens Castle (3rd)
    Race 5 was Lous Lad (1st)
    Race 6 was Franco Jamar (1st)
    Race 7 was Veracity Red (6th)
    Race 8 no pick, Trotter's race, no idea.
    Race 9 was Major Fury (1st) He was my bet of the night.
    Race 10 was Winsome Roy (2nd)

I think I'll go well next start.
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-13-2011 at 01:20 PM.

triplev123
    ? That was meant to tag onto the Franco Jamar thread. Brain fritz here.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    G'day Don C,

Franco Jamar is a sharp horse huh? Very impressive.
    I knocked out a Menangle Selections-Open At Own Risk page yesterday then took another look at it and turfed the idea but maybe I shouldn't have because it looks like I am working back into form again.

Race 1 was Stike Up The Band (4th)
    Race 2 was The Smiler (2nd)
    Race 3 was Eilis Rose (3rd)
    Race 4 was Jaydens Castle (3rd)
    Race 5 was Lous Lad (1st)
    Race 6 was Franco Jamar (1st)
    Race 7 was Veracity Red (6th)
    Race 8 no pick, Trotter's race, no idea.
    Race 9 was Major Fury (1st) He was my bet of the night.
    Race 10 was Winsome Roy (2nd)

I think I'll go well next start.
    I'm in the HRNSW Carnival of Miracles comp and it was a frustrating, frustrating night.
    Started with the winner. Then 4 seconds. Had Hesa Buzzin in the Coca Cola Amatil though who strangely was the only horse I actually backed all night. Then another 2nd before finishing the night with 3 winners. Went from 8th overall (Including last weeks Newcastle Mile meeting) to outside the top 50 but now back in at #26.

It's going to be extremely difficult to catch the people who had Feels Like Magic at $31 though and I think I've hit my peak!

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I'm in the HRNSW Carnival of Miracles comp and it was a frustrating, frustrating night.
    Started with the winner. Then 4 seconds. Had Hesa Buzzin in the Coca Cola Amatil though who strangely was the only horse I actually backed all night. Then another 2nd before finishing the night with 3 winners. Went from 8th overall (Including last weeks Newcastle Mile meeting) to outside the top 50 but now back in at #26.

It's going to be extremely difficult to catch the people who had Feels Like Magic at $31 though and I think I've hit my peak!
    [VVV] I invariably find the big meetings at Menangle with the better grade horses easier to handicap than the week to week fields and I took a lot of heart from those results. The radar is back on line. Look out next weekend.
    Btw, I thought the best smokey effort of the night was Mega Alexander. Looks to me like he has the talent to knock over a big one and soon. Classy drive Ashlee Siejka.

triplev123
    Btw, geeze Blake put a nice old crunch on Luke & Precious M in Race 9. VOR, there's an example of EXACTLY the sort of interference that I have been banging on about that should result in relegation. That's a case of the 2nd fav. putting the moves on the fav. and winning as a result.
    If that race was run in the US or CAN the inquiry sign would have lit up before they reached the 1/4 pole & no risk the winner would have been taken down...but of course, our Regulatory persons in this part of the world, they know better (cough...cough...bullshit...cough...cough).

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

I tried to enter the HRNSW Comp but was not allowed as I didn't have a NSW post code. Just as well as I would be a long and lonely last.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    I tried to enter the HRNSW Comp but was not allowed as I didn't have a NSW post code. Just as well as I would be a long and lonely last.
    Thats a bit stiff but it does explain why I am in the top 50 - Restricted racing is about my mark.

+ Reply to Thread