Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You want to see a couple of terrific races?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Thumbs up You want to see a couple of terrific races?

Go to
    http://www.poconodowns.com/racing/entries-results.html
    and click on June 30, watch races 8 & 12.
    Two World Record equalling performances by American Jewel (1:49.2) & Betterthancheddar (1:48.0)...on a 5/8ths mile track at Pocono.
    Last edited by Triple V; 07-01-2012 at 03:58 PM.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Nice Jamie, call that one a tie shall we? one bred my way, one bred your way!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Take a look at the Max Hempt Memorial rce 10 on the same card.

A Rocknroll Dance won going 1:48.3 and has now won over $1m, he is by Rocknroll Hanover out of a Cam's Card Shark half sister to Western Hanover. He was purchased through the sale ring for $15k (great buying)

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Nice Jamie, call that one a tie shall we? one bred my way, one bred your way!
    Alright, I'm feeling generous this evening.
    I'm not actually given to doing that Dot, the only Cam Fella line mare we have went to a Western Hanover line horse but (as Paul Ellis 1st pointed out a couple of years ago now) for whatever reason that sort of 3 x 3 linebred arrangement to Cam Fella apparently just seems to work. Betterthancheddar's bred comparitively Old School on his damside too.
    Check out the sires. From a Camtastic mare from an Adios Vic mare from a Tar Heel mare from a Sampson Hanover mare from an Adios Boy mare.
    That's actually the immediate maternal family of Parson's Den and another family branch produced Badlands Hanover.
    Further back, it is also that of Timely Knight, the sire of the great NZ mare Armalight & also the sire of Kotare Knight who in turn sired a pair of quite oustanding Tassie pacers in Halyer and Milady.
    Another branch produced Knight Dream who was in turn the damsire of another Tassie stalwart in Torado Hanover.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hey Triple

Take a look at the Max Hempt Memorial rce 10 on the same card.

A Rocknroll Dance won going 1:48.3 and has now won over $1m, he is by Rocknroll Hanover out of a Cam's Card Shark half sister to Western Hanover. He was purchased through the sale ring for $15k (great buying)
    Pleased to see that he won it Dallas. He's had some dreadful luck in his recent outings.
    Everyone's favourite 'set them alight early then proceed to back into the field before the 3/4 pole pilot', Jodie Jamieson...was, together with a tiring Warrawee Needy, responsible for A Rocknroll Dance losing all hope by getting dragged back through the field in the most recent North America Cup...otherwise he'd have finished a lot closer than he did. Come to think of it, that makes 2 high profile North America Cup victims for Jodie, 2010 and now 2012. The 2010 edition was of course his inexplicable watch me folks I'll be in front at the 1/4 pole drive aboard Kyle Major, one which saw to it that an absolutely courageous Rock N Roll Heaven got beaten.

Senior Member 4YO dizzy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dot schmidt
    Jamie as an observation I have thought that 3x3 sireline to Cam Fella does show up more frequently then 3x3 cross to other sires in the winners lists but without data on how many foals are actually bred that way to turn it into a %age i'd say it is impossible to tell if it really is a viable cross. Badlands Hanover Knight Dream and Timely Knight are the same branch with Sweet Dream being the 4th dam of Badlands, dam of Timely Knight and full sister to Knight Dream. Parsons Den and BTC both descend from the same half sister to Sweet Dreams. Lydia Knight's family has left a bit of a mark on the breed.

+ Reply to Thread