Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any news on Lombo Pocket Watch lately

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I just hope his service fee drops a little or is included in Alabar's discount scheme.

Member Gelding Village Kid will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Craig Kavanagh
    Occupation
    Finance
    Quote Originally Posted by ozninja View Post
    Searched online and can find nothing recently about Lombo Pocket Watch since his injury some time back in his comeback race in WA.

Would anyone have any up-to-date news about this great horse?

Such a shame that he was so poorly received when sent to stud. Hope that he proves everyone wrong in the future.

I remember when Courage Under Fire ( my all-time favourite ) first went to stud , statements like "Too small to be a top sire" and "overpriced stud fee" were mentioned. Well he has certainly had the last laugh

Let's hope Lombo Pocket Watch will do the same.
    Hi Ozninja

Think I saw on ITG last week that the horse was having stem cell treatment on an injury sustained after his comeback race, will then go to stud short term and be bought back into training with the 2012 ID at Gloucester Park the main target.

I dragged my wife across from Adelaide to Harold Park in Auugst 2008 for the Chariots of Fire on the premise it was his last ever start and I'd never seen him live. Whoops...

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year David Summers will become famous soon enough David Summers's Avatar
    Real Name
    David Summers
    Thanks Village Kid, I saw that report on ITG too. Hope the treatment is a success although has been unsuccessful many times elsewhere.

I know he had previously been poorly supported at stud and that is why they brought him back to race. However , I just don't see any advantage in racing him again now , although I would love to see him back , but not to watch him go around and struggle in moderate fields.

With all he has done previously in his brilliant career , and yet to be poorly patronized at stud , I don't think it would matter if he came back and won the Perth Interdominion , that it would make much difference in the minds of mare owners when they are looking for a topline sire prospect. That's very sad.

triplev123

Forgive me, I'm back-tracking in this thread a bit

It's not to hard to read the tea leaves as far as LPW's difficulty capturing the imagination of the Breeders. It has nothing to do with his size....in fact on that score he is not what I'd say was small ala CUF....and it has very, very little if anything at all to do with him not carrying his outstanding juvenile form onwards to 4yo+ glory. I think it all comes down to him being a son of Jet Laag and how that is perceived by the Breeders.
    Jet Laag was a wicked fast, great gaited horse...and he has done a good job here despite never really getting many/any of the better mares around. If he is a sire of sires however is another matter. By and large, most breeders appear to think he is not. We'll know for sure soon enough if they were right or wrong.

+ Reply to Thread