Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 39 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Stewards News 2

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Adaptor will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Noel Ridge
    Interesting one in a 5 horse field at Bendigo. Out of range of the camera just after the standing start:
    Race 4, September 1.

Ashley Ainsworth, driver of Namoscar, pleaded guilty to a charge under AHR Rule 168(1)(e) for improper driving in that passing the 2000m whilst Namoscar was in a gallop he unnecessarily applied significant force to either rein and thereby the horses’ mouth and bit which in the opinion of the Stewards was improper. In assessing penalty Stewards considered the HRV Stewards Minimum Penalty Guidelines, placing weight on Mr Ainsworth’s guilty plea, poor offence record and that the incident fell well short of accepted industry standards and conduct. Stewards were particularly mindful that the post-race veterinary examination of Namoscar did not reveal any significant findings. Stewards accordingly imposed a 6 week suspension of Mr Ainsworth’s licence to drive in races and a fine of $1,000. Due to the seriousness of the matter Stewards ordered the suspension commence immediately.

Mr Ainsworth was advised that in accordance with the HRV Participant Mentoring Policy he must attend a mandatory session before the HRV Participant Skills Panel prior to driving in races again.

Mr Ainsworth was further advised due to his repeated offending he is required to show cause as to why his Grade A driver’s licence should not be varied in accordance with AHR Rule 90(7).

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    My High Peak washup:

RACE 4 –ALDEBARAN PARK VICBRED PLATINUM MAIDEN TROT (2200 MS)

David Magri, driver of Columbias Deecee was questioned in relation to a matter approaching the 1000m, where Mr Magri’s head was directed backwards as My High Peak galloped. Upon consideration of the evidence, inclusive of the footage available it was established that approaching the 1000m My High Peak commenced to over-race and raced in close proximity behind Columbias Deecee. As My High Peak’s head was then positioned immediately over Mr Magri’s right shoulder and making contact with the outside sulky wheel of Columbias Deecee, Mr Magri explained that for safety reasons he then endeavoured to prevent that gelding from racing any closer in his vicinity by directing his head backwards. A short distance after, My High Peak then galloped. Given the associated safety considerations and that Mr Magri had not initiated any movement by his head until My High Peak had raced in extreme close proximity to his right shoulder, no further action was deemed necessary in those circumstances. Furthermore, Stewards noted the racing manners of My High Peak during this section, that the gelding was only having its third race start and therefore pursued no action against driver Jackie Barker.

Nothing to see here, move right along. Fair crack of the whip, the replay is not a good look, and the only redeeming thing to come out the race was that My High Peak and the lady driver showed a lot ticker in hitting the winning line first!

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltane View Post
    My High Peak washup:

RACE 4 –ALDEBARAN PARK VICBRED PLATINUM MAIDEN TROT (2200 MS)

David Magri, driver of Columbias Deecee was questioned in relation to a matter approaching the 1000m, where Mr Magri’s head was directed backwards as My High Peak galloped. Upon consideration of the evidence, inclusive of the footage available it was established that approaching the 1000m My High Peak commenced to over-race and raced in close proximity behind Columbias Deecee. As My High Peak’s head was then positioned immediately over Mr Magri’s right shoulder and making contact with the outside sulky wheel of Columbias Deecee, Mr Magri explained that for safety reasons he then endeavoured to prevent that gelding from racing any closer in his vicinity by directing his head backwards. A short distance after, My High Peak then galloped. Given the associated safety considerations and that Mr Magri had not initiated any movement by his head until My High Peak had raced in extreme close proximity to his right shoulder, no further action was deemed necessary in those circumstances. Furthermore, Stewards noted the racing manners of My High Peak during this section, that the gelding was only having its third race start and therefore pursued no action against driver Jackie Barker.

Nothing to see here, move right along. Fair crack of the whip, the replay is not a good look, and the only redeeming thing to come out the race was that My High Peak and the lady driver showed a lot ticker in hitting the winning line first!
    The stewards report resembles something I just stood in down my back paddock. Except that came out of a steer. The stewards are taking us all for complete mugs!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Trainer Cassandra O'Brien needs to make the most of R4 at Ouyen today as it will be her last for 3mths

https://integrity.thetrots.com.au/ne...sandra-obrien/

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#OUC19092105
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    HRV Stewards hereby notify the industry that the practise of forcefully and severely applying pressure to either side of the rein to endeavour to return a horse to its correct gait or for any other purpose, is no longer considered an acceptable practise from a horse welfare perspective

http://www.harness.org.au/media-room...?news_id=49861
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    PeterProfit thinks the stewards got it wrong and that Lola Wiedemann should not have copped 6 weeks for what was simply a mistake
    Have a look at No.3 Misty Creek in the green and gold in R2 at Redcliffe here - the $1.25 favourite should have won by the length of the straight so I can't say I am worried about why Lola got 6 of the best

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#REC16092106
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Another interesting case in NSW, this one involving trainer Peter Russo's. A TCO2 reading above the threshold last Saturday night at Menangle from a pre-race blood test. Interesting wording; Russo has not been charged (yet) but has until midday next Monday "to make a submission".

Russo has recently featured positively in HRNSW media releases. Given his previous disqualifications, his submission will need to be pretty compelling. Do a Google search "peter russo hrnsw disqualification" but be prepared for plenty of reading!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I am going to be an interested reader of the R2 Stewards Report for Ballarat tonight
    The Nicholson stable quinellaed the race and both drivers received a QDT
    Maybe all the other drivers should get a QDT as to why they let these two stitch up the race so beautifully

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#BAM16102103
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We haven't got a head on and I know it was only 3rd v 2nd but surely McCarthy on the leader has drifted out and caused interference to young Lleyton Green's horse in the home straight

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...21#PCC19102104

Protest dismissed
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread