Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 41 of 100 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

aussiebreno
    Tritton stable going horrible so far tonight.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Tritton stable going horrible so far tonight.

They did, not one winner for the night, can't remember that last time that happened.

Lauren drives, how Lauren drives, perhaps Shane and the owners needed to see where they are at with the big sprints coming up leading into the MM and all the various heats with $50k finals on MM day.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Hope I don't offend anyone by mentioning The Cup but you have to have sympathy for the horse that died. Also the horse that kicked the fence and broke it's leg.

Fully understand if you delete this post Tony.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    I've read a bit on here about the poor tv cover of Harness Racing especially in Victoria.
    Can it be that Channel 7 used these same people today to do the camera and production work for the Melbourne Cup.
    We were provided with coverage of Channel 7 efforts today on NZ Tab TV.
    IMO it was the worst piece of sporting television I think I have ever witnessed. The first 100 metres of aerial coverage was not bad.
    The last 250 metres from the main camera allowed one to finally see where there runner was positioned. The rest, taken from a ground level moving object positioned some 50 metres in front of and to the inside of the field provided absolutely no comparative perspective of where each horse was positioned. It was genuinely pathetic.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    I've read a bit on here about the poor tv cover of Harness Racing especially in Victoria.
    Can it be that Channel 7 used these same people today to do the camera and production work for the Melbourne Cup.
    We were provided with coverage of Channel 7 efforts today on NZ Tab TV.
    IMO it was the worst piece of sporting television I think I have ever witnessed. The first 100 metres of aerial coverage was not bad.
    The last 250 metres from the main camera allowed one to finally see where there runner was positioned. The rest, taken from a ground level moving object positioned some 50 metres in front of and to the inside of the field provided absolutely no comparative perspective of where each horse was positioned. It was genuinely pathetic.

Lots of complaints over here too teecee. You couldn't hear the call nor see where horses were positioned down straight first time. Only option to watch live was Channel 7. Two minute delay on racing channels (Sky & TVN) that did their normal camera position coverage.

A complete balls up!! On the big stage!!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    I've watched the Cup every year from 1970 onwards, I missed today's live coverage but just watched the replay and have to agree Tony, That's was the worst I've seen in 40 odd years, Absolutley atrocious.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Usually you can't compare the coverage, It's fantastic but Jesus, What were they thinking today??? How good would the split screen that the NZ trots have looked??? At least you could have seen your horse in the run. Todays coverage by 7 was like having tunnel vision.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I found it perplexing.....glad I wasn't alone

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I'd like to see Christen Me driven more aggressively this year from the exact draw he had last year. The mare looks like she should secure a beaut trip. Race on!

Closed Thread