Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SPIDERGIRL vs HABIBTI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

SPIDERGIRL vs HABIBTI

Will be a very interesting dual this one. Habibti has proved her worth against the boys in NZ and of course against our Blitzthemcalder posting a sprintlane win over him after he did a lot of work.
    Spidergirl is racing exceptionally well rating 1:59.7 over 2190m at her last race which i think i heard may have been a track record...?
    Will SpiderG lead? Victorian trotters dont all have a great record first up at Menangle.
    Will Duchess Ella fly over both of them with the right run?
    And Maori Time looks quite special after only 2 races, held up last run against SpiderG.
    Either way will be a great race, looking forward to it.

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Ash, I am only hoping they interview Robert Patterson, the owner of Habiti. One of the real characters of Nz racing. I know one thing. He will definitely throw the best party, win or lose.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Ash, I am only hoping they interview Robert Patterson, the owner of Habiti. One of the real characters of Nz racing. I know one thing. He will definitely throw the best party, win or lose.
    The bloke could almost live on the coattails of a Twilight star - and if he throws a party I'm sure most wouldn't mind some of the Twihards going along.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Stunning win. Thrilled for (Bolty) Patterson. Spends a small fortune on the industry and good to see him getting a wee bit back

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Viv Strangman View Post
    Stunning win. Thrilled for (Bolty) Patterson. Spends a small fortune on the industry and good to see him getting a wee bit back
    yes Viv, top win as almost expected but she certainly did go even better than most expected i think. She dominated.
    Tough effort by Spidergirl, did a fair bit of work but regardless winner too good at this point.
    Will be great to see her in the NSW Derby this weekend against the boys. infact there are 5 fillies nominated and 4 boys!! Hows that for a turnaround!
    Roy Hobbs is entered and he was quite impressive last weekend at Melton against older but weakish opposition in comparison.
    Will again be a good race.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Habibti wins NSW Derby.
    Clearly too good, pretty much untouched to the line.
    Spidergirl had easier run than last week so was closer but flat out.
    Our Dreamlover didn't 100% run straight in the straight should have got 3rd.
    Roy Hobbs buckled under pressure.
    Kiwis gotta b happy with that trip to Oz!
    Might make Royal Aspirations connections think about a trip over here???!!!!!

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Habibti wins NSW Derby.
    Clearly too good, pretty much untouched to the line.
    Spidergirl had easier run than last week so was closer but flat out.
    Our Dreamlover didn't 100% run straight in the straight should have got 3rd.
    Roy Hobbs buckled under pressure.
    Kiwis gotta b happy with that trip to Oz!
    Might make Royal Aspirations connections think about a trip over here???!!!!!
    Dominating win again. Just goes to show how good Blitzemcalder and Royal Aspirations are.
    The harness jewels this week will be another chance for these two to stake their claim to 3yr old of the year in Nz. Unfortunately the draw has really complicated things. Royal Aspirations failed to go in his one start on the track. In the past at trials at Ashburton he has seemed uncomfortable with the surface. Having drawn 1 he is going to face plenty of early pressure due to these perceived troubles. With Blitzemcalder drawn to follow him out it could all turn to custard in a hurry. That first 200 metres on jewels day will have all the connections with their fingers crossed. For everyones sake I hope they get to show the public yet again how good they are.

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Will b good to see Habibti do some work and not just lead virtually unchallenged this week.
    I am sure she should win again, but the field in general has more depth than her first two races here...

Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Well, work she did and based on the track conditions and where she came from it was a top effort to get second to Steal a Sixpence who led and had a great run in front.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Under the circumstances, I thought Habibti went super, doing all the work and was still putting in at the end whilst the winner got all the breaks. Doesn't happen often enough but when the girls can match it with the boys the races take on a new meaning.

+ Reply to Thread