Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: HRNSW Stewards in Cost Recovery Mode?

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question HRNSW Stewards in Cost Recovery Mode?

Seems the infamous 'Bankstown Parking Police' have got nothing on our intrepid Stewards Panel.
    From Tuesday May 15th, 2012 through until Sunday June 24th, 2012...NSW Stewards have handed out a staggering $19,050 in fines to Industry Participants ...the bulk of which has come from the pockets of Drivers.
    Looks like it's a new Potted Ficus for everyone's office.

aussiebreno
    Highlighted by $1200 from the one race yesterday, the 2yo boys, with a total of $2450 for the day. Gotta pay for these Breeders Challenge Finals somehow VVV!

Senior Member 4YO Thevoiceofreason has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    I am too busy to look into all the fines VVV, I have to make time to rearrange my sock draw but if the $1200 handed out in the Group 1 race yesterday is an example than the fines seem fine to me.

$500 for changing the result by shifting out all the way up the straight....... Not excessive.
    $500 for a complete mess of a start that could have led to a disqualification and the public doing their money cold.....Not excessive.
    $200 for a whip offence .... you get that in a Race at Tamworth worth $5000.... Not excessive.

You can not forget as someone once said " The Penalty for doing nothing wrong...... is nothing"

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevoiceofreason View Post
    I am too busy to look into all the fines VVV, I have to make time to rearrange my sock draw but if the $1200 handed out in the Group 1 race yesterday is an example than the fines seem fine to me.

$500 for changing the result by shifting out all the way up the straight....... Not excessive.
    $500 for a complete mess of a start that could have led to a disqualification and the public doing their money cold.....Not excessive.
    $200 for a whip offence .... you get that in a Race at Tamworth worth $5000.... Not excessive.

You can not forget as someone once said " The Penalty for doing nothing wrong...... is nothing"
    Classic!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Have only just caught up with Sundays results and am astounded as to why the starter isn't shouldering the bulk of the blame in the mix up of starting positions in the C & G final (R5) http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...E240612&ms=nsw all seems a bit amateurish to me.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by broncobrad View Post
    Have only just caught up with Sundays results and am astounded as to why the starter isn't shouldering the bulk of the blame in the mix up of starting positions in the C & G final (R5) http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...E240612&ms=nsw all seems a bit amateurish to me.
    Brad the rules are clear it is the responsibility of the driver to come up to the gate in position, the starter should be more interested in making sure that interference is not occurring in the score up which could lead to him being asked to adjudicate on if a start should be aborted.

The driver only has to worry about one horse not 10 coming at you in a line, remember one in the line was galloping and the starter rightly should have been watching this incident unfold to ensure he was not required to call a false start, it is the driver who should know where he is drawn and come up in position.

Senior Member Colt clumsy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Snudden
    Brad the rules are clear it is the responsibility of the driver to come up to the gate in position, the starter should be more interested in making sure that interference is not occurring in the score up which could lead to him being asked to adjudicate on if a start should be aborted.

The driver only has to worry about one horse not 10 coming at you in a line, remember one in the line was galloping and the starter rightly should have been watching this incident unfold to ensure he was not required to call a false start, it is the driver who should know where he is drawn and come up in position.
    Why was only one driver found guilty, if the drivers have a problem with the start then they should raise their hand to indicate to the starter. As no driver did this they both must've been happy with where they were starting from.

Real Name
    Bill Williams
    Occupation
    Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy View Post
    Why was only one driver found guilty, if the drivers have a problem with the start then they should raise their hand to indicate to the starter. As no driver did this they both must've been happy with where they were starting from.
    From reading the report it appears that Sugars assumed the wrong position so he is at fault Rue can not take the spot once it is taken, you have a point about putting his hand in the air but at that stage he is probably trying to get a position on the gate in case the starter lets them go, which he did, reads like Sugars causes the drama so he should wear the penalty.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

[VVV] Hey VOR. Be that as it may, to put a little perspective on all this, you know...if they keep on finining drivers etc. at the rate that they are currently handing them out (see May 15th through June 24th) they stand to collect a rather handy $200,000 pa.
    I heard a rumour today that they were considering installing Lack Of Speed Cameras at each quarter on all NSW Tracks so that Drivers who back the field down on the front end and go slower than the specified sectionals will no longer clog up the Stewards Room post race, instead they'll just receive their Fines in the mail along with a link to a wesbite which displays a picture of the offence for verification purposes.
    There are also said to be moves afoot for Gear Form Cameras to be installed in all NSW marshalling yards, a move which is being welcomed by the Stewards as by and large most are under the impression that a Murphy Blind is in fact a pissed Irishman.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Don't get me started on sectionals again, it is a bulls**t rule.

+ Reply to Thread