Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What a lovely drop- Kay Brothers Amery Shiraz 2004

triplev123
    Hey Don C. I can feel another late night Harness Racing epiphany coming on.
    2 x Kay Brothers Hillside Shiraz, this one's the 2007 model. Mmmmmm. Leg of Lamb in oven, slow roasted since 4pm. Big cast-iron tray full off spuds, pumpkin & sweet potatoe. Verging on a spiritual experience.

Flashing Red
    Oh yum!

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey Triple,
    I been away for a bit and just checked your post. Sounds like the perfect night! I have been in a place where wine comes out of a carton and steak is what is eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A place where men are men and the sheep are scared. Now I am back in civilisation I am heading to my favourite restaurant and let them do the cooking and take my own bottle.........no, I am going to take two.

triplev123
    Got another one for you Don C. From South Australia, Ned & Henry Hewitson Shiraz. 2006 & 2007. Pretty sure it's a McLaren Vale?...can't find the empties. Simple white almost wrap around label with a small gold sticker bridging the gap between both sides, black writing. Usually in the $19-$21 range. Very nice, very reasonable price.

Senior Member 4YO Don Corleone has a spectacular aura about Don Corleone's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Hey Triple,
    Yesterday I walked into my local bottle shop and there staring me in the face was Ned & Henry Hewitson Shiraz 2005..............on discount. Brought a couple of bottles. One down and one to go, which I have hidden. (16 padlocks, security laser sensor and cctv) Heading back there today to buy the remaining stock!!
    I love coffee, chocolate and and any type of berry. Well this wine is like having the lot in one glass. BEAUTIFUL.
    I have never tried it before, in fact I have never seen in on sale in NZ before. So don't be saying your not tipping any winners................your just tipped out what could quite be the the 'tip of the century'.
    I am forever in your debt.

triplev123
    You're welcome Don C. That one gets a fair pounding around here. It has become the default pick a couple up on the way home selection.
    Speaking of which, I found another one, similar price range. Kaesler Stonehorse Shiraz Grenache Mourvedre. 2007. I thought it was a belter from the very 1st snort. For a couple of $ more they do a straight up Shiraz as well, but haven't tried it yet. Imagine it would be just as good.

Flashing Red
    You lot are too refined for me. Not a southern comfort drinker here!!! Don't throw tomatoes - the only thing I drink that remotely resembles wine is the Yellow & Pink brand sparkling (*ducks*). Anything else, I have a hard time stomaching! Hopefully my palate will change in the future!!

triplev123
    You know Flashing, if that's the case then I think you would get on extremely well with the Australian agent for Woodlands Stud. He has a fondness for Southern Comfort.
    Not a spirits drinker myself, they make me feel crook, however I could scarf down Pint after Pint of Guinness with the very best that the Paddys may care to offer up as competition if that is any consolation.

Real Name
    Ray Fidow
    Occupation
    Sec Cons
    Well I have been trying to log on for the past 24 hours unsucessfully but I am back now. Flashing, I have had in the past Southern Comfort and enjoyed it but it turned me into John Wayne. If I take to spirits, then it's Scotch.............Chivas Regal. I always return home with it in my duty free bag. The girls at Sydney and Melbourne airport duty free see me coming and grab 2 bottles. Try it.......you won't be dissapointed.
    As for wine well you guy's in OZ have THE BEST reds in the world. I never used to be a wine drinker till about 10 years ago when I won a case in a raffle. I have never looked back since.
    The first wine (if you could call it that) I ever drank was in Africa years ago when I was a soldier and it was coloured pink. After drinking large amounts of it we all brought it back up. The next day there were pink stains everywhere!! Three months later the stains were still there.

+ Reply to Thread