Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ballarat Cup and Vic Derby heats Saturday Jan 19

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Ballarat Cup and Vic Derby heats Saturday Jan 19

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...TAB-fixed-odds

Emma Stewart has 8 of the 28 derby contenders and fellow local Michael Stanley has 3 with one in each heat.
    Both NZ entrants drew 1

The Cup sees 2nd and 3rd in the Inter going around while 4th is going around in a C3

Fields:

http://www.harness.org.au/racing/fie...s/?mc=BA190119
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The debate I started over Spankem being in a C3 has been moved to

http://www.harnessracingforum.com/sh...capping-system
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have to confess that was somehow my first time at Ballarat ( other than trials 30yrs ago )
    Wow! That was a great Sporting event
    Paul Rowse would be proud of every single one of last night's team
    There were hundreds of people dining and not just the Terraces restaurant ( which was fantastic value )

The weather was good and the racing top notch even if leader dominated
    Paul would also be proud of Hero horse Savesomtimetodream on show - he was stunning

Talking of dreaming, if we took 100m of each straight and were back to a 800m track for even better viewing, I would be in heaven (declaring myself a man of the past, I know)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Just move to WA and go to GP Kev, so long as you don’t mind predominantly barrier determined leader dominated racing outcomes.

aussiebreno
    Thefixer showed Cruz Bromac what the difference is between a proper top Grand Circuit horse, and a horse who is top of Grand Circuit because of Laz, Soho and Bull not being there. Same reason Tiger Tara won the ID, just that little bit better. Rackemup Tigerpie huge, really adds another dimension to the 4yos races now.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    Gee Brenno you haven’t been effected by the heat have you? Think Thefixer has a bit more to do to be describe as a proper top grand circuit horse though he did go better then Cruz Bromac. Won the NZ cup off a good draw and stablemates back via the sprint lane, and won again last night from good draw leaders back and a touch of driver error when Kima pulled of Tigerpies back and stalled before getting going again. And inbetween Thefixer couldn’t run a place over the mile from a poor draw.

Being a bit harsh on TT aren’t you, he’s had his hat in the ring at Grand Cct level for sometime against the likes of Laz, Soho and Bull until now and performed like a proper top grand cct horse for mine and carried that through for a 100 starts now. But Tigerpie certainly has stepped up and adds more depth to an already strong 4yo line up.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Gee Brenno you haven’t been effected by the heat have you? Think Thefixer has a bit more to do to be describe as a proper top grand circuit horse though he did go better then Cruz Bromac. Won the NZ cup off a good draw and stablemates back via the sprint lane, and won again last night from good draw leaders back and a touch of driver error when Kima pulled of Tigerpies back and stalled before getting going again. And inbetween Thefixer couldn’t run a place over the mile from a poor draw.

Being a bit harsh on TT aren’t you, he’s had his hat in the ring at Grand Cct level for sometime against the likes of Laz, Soho and Bull until now and performed like a proper top grand cct horse for mine and carried that through for a 100 starts now. But Tigerpie certainly has stepped up and adds more depth to an already strong 4yo line up.
    Writing about a proper top grand circuit horses after they win all the races is for historians, writing about them before they win all the races is for punters. I am a punter and not a historian.

I am saying Tiger Tara is a proper top grand circuit horse and that is why he won the ID and not Cruz Bromac. The big 3 had Tigers measure last season all being even but like The Fixer I think those two just scrape into that category.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Thefixer at 11-8-2 along with Turn it up at 10-8-2 will have their turn. Just watch and enjoy the moments.TT was always regarded amongst our very best when he was one of ours right from the get go. The GC is a progressive thing. with new blood always presenting itself. By seasons end we may not be talking of any of these but some other not even on the horizon. This may be just hyperbole but it's what the industry needs to remain / improve its standing.....a publically acknowledged champ in the true sense of the word.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    Tiger has earned his stripes (or, should that be spots) having lived in the shadow of Lazarus in NZ and re-establishing himself in Australia. He deserves to be GC champion this year; no doubt one of the young ones will come through as the next glamour pacer. Teecee rightly points to the Allstars pair - what they have achieved in so few starts is quite remarkable. And Tiger has now raced more than 100 times. He is an example of persistence, the other two are precocious talents.

+ Reply to Thread