Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Who is your favourite race caller??

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    well, one thing that we can surely all agree on is that Australian and New Zealander race callers are the best in the world.. and the worst have to be those guys who call the French and Swedish harness races that we get sometimes overnight during the week...

triplev123
    The BIG thing Dashing Dan does in VIC (which few other callers do) is GIVE THE BREEDING, OWNERSHIP, ETC of the winner shortly after he gives the overall Mile/Mile Rate, recaps the sectionals & maybe a comment or two on the effort. I think that's terrific. In fact it should be mandatory.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    The BIG thing Dashing Dan does in VIC (which few other callers do) is GIVE THE BREEDING, OWNERSHIP, ETC of the winner shortly after he gives the overall Mile/Mile Rate, recaps the sectionals & maybe a comment or two on the effort. I think that's terrific. In fact it should be mandatory.
    Yeah Dan is good on that but I think its moreso the fact he has the time to do it because he always calling a good meeting whereas at other tracks the callers get cut off before they have time to do that stuff. I know on-track most callers give that info.

Banned 4YO justdoit will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    (BANNED) (BANNED)
    Occupation
    (BANNED)
    Jack Styring

Senior Member Colt Phoenix will become famous soon enough Phoenix's Avatar
    Real Name
    Panos Kambas
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Kevin Thompson and Fred Hastings regularly give the full info at Sydney Metro meetings.. but then again I get to hear that info because I'm in Sydney. I'm sure those up in Qld for example would hear either Chris Barsby or John Brasch give the same info for their local meetings..

Flashing Red
    Jimmy Jacques is my favourite - very colourful!

...there's a possum in the box..."!!!

+ Reply to Thread