Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Speaking of huge wanks- Change Of Tactics notifications

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    I think that's the best way to handle such a stupid rule. If circumstances permit.
    If circumstances permit.......I will compete in the 2012 Olympic Mens 100m Final.
    I'm getting the hang of it already.
    Lol; if circumstances permit I'll have an arm and a leg on Soho Valencia winning tonight!

Junior Member Foal Bravo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    cot need to announced by stewards as it is important to punters where the wank factor sets in is they only need advise stewards 45 min before race too bad for latteer legs of quaddie and what would happen if the stewards said they did not agree with tactics maybe dazza can expand on the integrity aspect of stewards

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Well as far as Im concerned stewards (in QLD esp) have been walking round with their eyes closed for a very long time. Its only now that John Hackett has come back from the gallops that some questions are being asked. If a trainer has two horses in a field they are asked of their tactics for each runner, not that they are told to the public tho. Funny games to get played in QLD and its about time someone put the sh*ts up them or alot of people are going to turn their backs on the sport. When one of your top stewards places a bet on a horse that improves 5 lengths on its last start and wins something has to be done.

Junior Member Foal Bravo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    dazza in fairness that top steward was cleared and is now back at gallops and i agree hackett has experience but the grapevine says he didnt want that job and was given it due to no other suitavble applicants given that i'm worried what we are going to end up with in nsw

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZA View Post
    Can see were you are coming from triplev but it needs to be there esp for the bigger stables that regulary have 2 or more starters in one race. Things start to happen were horses that always hold the front hand up to a stablemate that normally goes back. Which in turn gives punters the sh*ts, which in turn turns people away. Just the stewards trying to uphold the integrity of the sport. Which is another discussion for another time.
    I agree with Dazza. The rule sucks from a (honest) tactical perspective, but it is in an attempt to alleviate team driving (without mentioning any states in particular - I must say it is more rampant in some states than others). I think with this rule people would think twice before attempting to team drive with 2 or more stablemates, therefore I think it is a good rule for the stewards to have access too

+ Reply to Thread