Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HRA Stud Book online

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

HRA Stud Book online

https://studbook.hra.com.au/Account/Login

Does anybody use this?

Can anybody tell me any advantages it has over the Horse Search

https://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/...on=main.search

As far as I can see the Search page is much more user friendly but I may be missing something and it could be because I use the Search all the time
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    I have never used it and stopped buying it when HRA, under Rod Pollock, stopped printing the Stud Book. Originally it was replaced with a CD but HRA was still asking about $100 for the useless piece of plastic. I never bought one but I recall using CD-based catalogues for work at the time, much of which were ho-hum. The last book I bought was volume 35 for 2004 and I refused to buy any more.

At the time the cost of producing such a high quality hardback bound book was proving prohibitive for HRA's small run of a few hundred. it listed stallions and mares, their breeding, their breeders and progenies winning times. For stallions it listed winning progeny and best times; sires they sired; winning progeny of dams they sired; black type performers; and live foal numbers by season.

The broodmare section listed every mare that had either left a winner, had a foal registered or named since the previous foaling. Each entry gave the mare's best race time, breeding, year of foaling and breeder. All breeding records - foals winners and stallions they were served by each season and the breeder of each foal is listed.

I would imagine the on-line version would give far more information - it would be able to cross reference so many tables and publication. One would hope that Year 1 is not the 1980/81 season as it is on the HRA website!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Yeah, I had a shelf of them too Trev before Black Saturday and ever since have used the HRA Search. I just thought I would have a look at the online stud book but after a few minutes couldn't see any reason to continue with it.
    You will be disappointed to know that the online version only starts with 2016 but does it really matter if it doesn't provide anything that the Search facility doesn't. The search facility IMO is like the stud books combined, it gives you everything for a sire and a dam without looking at several books/online years
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread