Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Lance

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Typical tripple Dribble he gets trumped on something and goes into holier than thou rant that makes no sense . Has anyone else ( outside the secret coven} noticed the more he gets proven wrong the bigger and sillier his replies and how that often contain childish photo's or you tube sites , maybe he actually thinks someone finds them funny!! It's really say's a lot about someone when they start putting pictures of straw men on their post to try and belittle others ,not to mention Dorris Day and Brian Keith ref .
    Dont bother coming on here and having a different opinion to the great one. He'll just a) google some obscure piece of tripe b) drop a name c) bring out the famous 'straw man' (my personal favorite).

triplev123
    ...said he who wears an All Blacks jumper.

triplev123
    So then, out with it Leigh.
    Don't go pulling the Little Sir Echo routine then running away.
    What's your grand plan?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

These remind me of tripple dribble..power TOOLS. and they're completely useless on thier own.

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    Heck at least I'm in good company... people that know what they are talking about. :P Can I be Moe? lol!
    Funny I recall a little bloke with a swept over hair and a funny little mo the Used to say the same . does Hail Hitler ring a bell?

triplev123
    Dan, would it be too much to ask of you to put forward a few ideas of your own?
    It's easy for you & old mate Denny to take shots at anyone who does...where's your plan Stan? How about you Denny?
    Don't you go with the 'let's maintain the status quo' either routine because, as I said, it has about 18 months/2 years at the most to run.
    Given the way the wind is likely to blow on the question of therapeutics, what sort of measures do you two think need to be put in place?
    As I said before, easy to sit back and put shit on things but THINGS are going to change & soon. Best that we all attempt to influence policy than have it rammed down our throats in a much less palatable format. Try not to shoot the messenger.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    ...said he who wears an All Blacks jumper.
    When?

Banned 2YO ringman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hill
    Occupation
    Laying Horses
    The only thing thats going to change soon is pools will get smaller and punters running away from the game no matter how much they raise prizemoney.

No punters means no harness racing as we know it or better still knew it

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by A BIT DUSTY View Post
    Funny I recall a little bloke with a swept over hair and a funny little mo the Used to say the same . does Hail Hitler ring a bell?
    As did Confuscious! You're point?

Banned Colt A BIT DUSTY will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Denny McGrorey
    Quote Originally Posted by triplev123 View Post
    Dan, would it be too much to ask of you to put forward a few ideas of your own?
    It's easy for you & old mate Denny to take shots at anyone who does...where's your plan Stan? How about you Denny?
    Don't you go with the 'let's maintain the status quo' either routine because, as I said, it has about 18 months/2 years at the most to run.
    Given the way the wind is likely to blow on the question of therapeutics, what sort of measures do you two think need to be put in place?
    As I said before, easy to sit back and put shit on things but THINGS are going to change & soon. Best that we all attempt to influence policy than have it rammed down our throats in a much less palatable format. Try not to shoot the messenger.
    Jaimie firstly I don't have all the answers , I doubt any of us do , but I can't understand why we are not racing on lasex like the states ,the old safety issue for mine was contradictive
    as imo having a horse haemorage mid race is more dangerous than any of the reasons they are giving us for not using it . I'm sure people with a bleeder (and I have been) would gladly put up with the imposition of having to arrive at the track 4hrs early( I would've turned up the week before if they let me use it ) Bute is another thing altogether as it definitely mask pain( to give you an example this morning I went to feed my mare and foal ,the mare was that lame on both her offside hind and near side fore legs that she could barely hobble to her feed. after going over her from head to foot and not finding any signs of injury then making about 3 phone calls to people whom opinion I respect and still not knowing what could be wrong with her I gave her 15ml of Bute and decided to wait and see how she responds and if she is no better in the morning I'll get the burglars (vet's) out , Iv'e just returned from checking on her again and whilst you can see that she is not 100%, the difference is amazing , she walked over to me as if she was a different horse. So with something that can mask that sort of pain I personally would not like to see us be able to race on it. In saying that I would like to see the fresh hold level increased so that you could treat a horse closer to race time ,knowing as you pointed out Jaimie that the masking effect wears off very quickly .ie your racing Sat night your horse bangs it's leg on something on Tuesday ,leg blows up you give a dose of Bute swelling and pain subside in a day or two and your right to race Sat , The EFFECT of the Bute is long gone but traces are still in the system which under our present rules mean you go positive.

Mate it's beer o'clock and I've got some friends comming over for a BBQ soon (you might even guess who one of them is lol) so I'll have to leave it at that for now , but will promise to get back with some more of old Dusty's wisdom for all to share ha ha ha.

cheers and I mean that in real terms (hic) Denny
    Last edited by A BIT DUSTY; 01-02-2012 at 02:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread