Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: APG yearling sales 2019

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

APG yearling sales 2019

Here are the Qld results

http://www.apgold.com.au/yearling-sa...ults/brisbane/

29 of 44 Sold. There are still 15 you can snaffle

What do people like for the rest of the sales? Melbourne is on Sunday

http://www.apgold.com.au/yearling-sa...-online-guide/
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I have only gone through the fillies in the Melbourne sale so far

An obvious is Lot 142 the full sister to Heavens Trend being a Rock N Roll Heaven x Trend Setter (Perfect Art)

Overall I was attracted to the Rock N Roll Heaven's with a similar cross ie Art Major mares - who happened to be young unproven broodmares at this stage but all from good 2nd dams

Lot 67 Rock N Roll Heaven x Manellira (Art Major)
    Lot 148 Rock N Roll Heaven x Tuscan Breeze (Art Major)
    Lot 169 Rock N Roll Heaven x Artistic Pleasure (Art Major)
    Lot 172 Rock N Roll Heaven x Arty Chick (Art Major)

Other filly lots I found interesting were 130 (full to Ideal For Real) plus 184 (half to Lumineer) and 221 (full to Kualoa)
    but there were plenty more that others will like
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has been pointed out to me that the RNRH x Art Major cross has not got the score on the board of that of his full bro Perfect Art
    I cannot claim to have done thorough research as I am not going to be a buyer (purely fantasy stuff)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Lot 221 Kualoa's full sis was top filly at $120,000
    Not far behind top colt Lot 229 Petacular's full bro who went for $130,000
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It has been reported that av price was up 16%

Maybe to be expected as Ray Chaplin's research (Equine Excellence) showed that there were 16% more foals from the top 5 stallions in the sale compared to last year
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    It also should be noted Kev that the 16% up is on last years sale, which was significantly down on the year before.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    It's good for breeders that produce foals just for the sales that prices were up but I don't see how higher prices will help attract new owners to the industry. Also disappointing that less than 20 stallions had progeny in the Melbourne sale. Seems that APG have an elite group of stallions that foals must come from. Bad luck for the smaller studs .
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Quote Originally Posted by gutwagon View Post
    It's good for breeders that produce foals just for the sales that prices were up but I don't see how higher prices will help attract new owners to the industry. Also disappointing that less than 20 stallions had progeny in the Melbourne sale. Seems that APG have an elite group of stallions that foals must come from. Bad luck for the smaller studs .
    I think it is more the case that yearling buyers have an elite group of stallions that they wish to select from, and it is much smaller than 20. I don't think you can lay any "blame" for that on APG.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Dot will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dot Schmidt
    I think that should read Trevor that under the current distribution of funds collected by APG buyers only want to purchase yearlings by an elite group of stallions, and selected mares. Given that APG is an industry body should it continue to distribute those funds so that only a small group of breeders are advantaged by the preferences of buyers.

Should APG redistribute race allocations so that buyers are inclined to buy over a wider variety of stock? Should the governing bodies place more emphasis on supporting the production of “raceway” stock rather then a focus on provision of high returns for elite stock. It is about balance but at the end of the day we need sufficient stock to fill race fields for the provision of day to day wagering by the TAB, and is our current industry sales vehicle doing what it needs to to ensure that.

+ Reply to Thread