Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kilmore Cup

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery

Kilmore Cup

I always used to love this meeting. But it seems to have lost its lustre over the last couple of years. Quality of horse just doesn't seem to be there this year. Perhaps a change of date may revive it. I guess the big races in QLD and NZ coming up have robbed the Cup of its depth.

aussiebreno
    Popular Alm is a better race. Always a launchpad for Melpark Major. Decorated Jasper has drawn nicely and should go close as well I'd have thought!

nat
    LCL race programing has a bit to do with a lot of depth in big races and it seems that most of the gun prefer the Poppy on this day as a tune up for future shorter distance big races. I know its hard to program race days for Sky coverage and whats better for the clubs demographic but I wonder if racing this meeting on a Saturday night might bring a crowd out and invigorate it again and IMO to big a distance this early in the season.

Decorated Jasper might feel some pressure from Ananz she only knows to go forward and racing in good form made the race last week and Broadways Best looked good first up and should be in the finish so should Melpark Major if they dont continue to leave their run to late

Bitobliss and Thats Mister Ali are the two I like in the Cup with Georgetown as a roughy never know what he will do hes an enigma
    Last edited by nat; 10-20-2011 at 08:39 PM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by nat View Post
    LCL race programing has a bit to do with a lot of depth in big races and it seems that most of the gun prefer the Poppy on this day as a tune up for future shorter distance big races. I know its hard to program race days for Sky coverage and whats better for the clubs demographic but I wonder if racing this meeting on a Saturday night might bring a crowd out and invigorate it again and IMO to big a distance this early in the season.

Decorated Jasper might feel some pressure from Ananz she only knows to go forward and racing in good form mad the race last week and Broadways Best looked good first up and should be in the finish so should Melpark Major if they dont continue to leave their run to late

Bitobliss and Thats Mister Ali are the two I like in the Cup with Georgetown as a roughy never know what he will do hes an enigma
    The horse or the driver?

nat
    Hi Aussie

Don't know anymore always liked the horse he has it within him to do the unexpected
    Wont be ther this year looks a good days racing I hope it is

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I love this meeting but it lost is appeal when they no longer had the first 2yo races for the season and the stallion parades. I think it should have at least $250,000 prizemoney. It used to get the best horses like Popular Alm ect. The board put the 2yo races back to December so its not the clubs fault but the lack of prize money has reduced it to an ordinary race , it should be a group race.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Bitobliss awesome today! Broadways Best too and must get run (and be big chance) in Miracle Mile now?

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Check out the drive of John Justice on TMA, particularly in the home straight. What a shocker. Dunno how many weeks he got, but it wasn't enough!
    Last edited by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild; 10-24-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Senior Member Stallion Showgrounds is just really nice Showgrounds is just really nice
    Real Name
    Trevor Brown
    They sure belted along Kev, but those old enough to remember recall full race fields of 2yo colts and fillies on Kilmore Cup Day in its traditional Monday afternoon in October. Sure, the season started 1 August back then but, for all the changes, there doesn't appear to be an intentional trend towards breeding later foals.

And you don't see fat buggers diving timber sulkies on small, flat cornered tracks either (unless you pay a surprise visit to my place).

I take it all with a grain of salt with the knowledge that burning young horses to early leads to over-cooked horses. Always has, always will.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I remember attending in the early 70's (always skipped Teachers College for Kilmore Mondays)
    How good were the Cup fields!
    1973 - Paleface Adios, Royal Gaze, Welcome Advice, Gallagher, Reichman, Alipes
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread