Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 80 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 ... LastLast

Thread: Trotters Only in Here...

Junior Member Foal jake80 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jenny Johnson
    Found our experience at Coolamon really good, first ever meeting was great! And been there since then. Is the problem the percentage of prize money paid to the winner, as standard race stakes have improved in VIC in recent years? Sometimes the programming is not in sync with VIC feature racing, and that could cause a problem with nominations, I know that has been the case with our nominations over the years. And when checked this year for 25th April meeting - what no Coolamon? Didn't realise the date changed. The change of dates meant no nom this year. Good on Cololamon for trying and the Fitzpatricks from NSW supporting the meeting, if moved to different track closer to Sydney metro will VIC trainers still support? I don't think so, and then how would there be enough trotters to support a whole meeting?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by jake80 View Post
    Found our experience at Coolamon really good, first ever meeting was great! And been there since then. Is the problem the percentage of prize money paid to the winner, as standard race stakes have improved in VIC in recent years? Sometimes the programming is not in sync with VIC feature racing, and that could cause a problem with nominations, I know that has been the case with our nominations over the years. And when checked this year for 25th April meeting - what no Coolamon? Didn't realise the date changed. The change of dates meant no nom this year. Good on Cololamon for trying and the Fitzpatricks from NSW supporting the meeting, if moved to different track closer to Sydney metro will VIC trainers still support? I don't think so, and then how would there be enough trotters to support a whole meeting?
    +1

A lot of criticism of Coolamon but Sydney wouldn't change much. What's the trotters population there and how many would travel from Vic.
    No doubt if it was too change to Sydney more money would be thrown at it and it would be incomparable.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Attachment 458

These 2 blokes would be from Marnoo i reckon Kevo...
    Finally found it... Same 2 blokes...different venue
    Attached Images

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Outstanding find Paul
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    Goulburn would be the perfect venue, on freeway with easier access for both vic trainers and nsw trainers , better track , and other than Blake who can take 10 or so trotters the rest of us have 2/3 and it's not financially viable to head to coolamon there would be enough trotters in Sydney to cover the day only a small fraction nominated , an all trotters day was held previously at Fairfield with only a small vic contingent , this is nsw event so really should cater for Nsw

Quote Originally Posted by jake80 View Post

aussiebreno
    Actually, the idea behind the meeting is to grow trotting in NSW; so why is there a Coolamon V closer to Sydney argument anyway.

Senior Member Colt djgood will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Goodhand
    Occupation
    trainer
    Horses
    Couple of squaregaiters
    So there's the reason to move it closer to Sydney
    How many at coolamon and surrounds have got trotters since it started?
    While majority of Sydney trainers stay at home s
    Sydney and Newcastle have healthy trotting numbers let it grow in Sydney then expand out

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Actually, the idea behind the meeting is to grow trotting in NSW; so why is there a Coolamon V closer to Sydney argument anyway.

Senior Member Colt Beltane will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Jones
    My wife and I arranged to attend the Coolamon meeting of Sunday, 19th April (having previously visited in 2012), and to make a trip of it, decided to also attend the Temora Air Musuem's Flying Day on the Saturday.

Being keen followers, we downloaded the fields for the Sunday, and saw that 3 of the races were now for pacers as well as the Blake Fitzpatrick media release about the event. A bit strange I thought that there was now pacers on the card! We spent the weekend at nearby Cootamundra, and on the Sunday, bought the country edition of the Sunday Telegraph and therein was the fields for Coolamon. Hopped into the car and drove the 90 odd kilometres to Coolamon and arrived an hour before the first race.

Coming to the gates, there was no one on duty. Sinking feeling as we drove into the grounds and the showground was totally deserted. After a number of expletives, we just drove away very, very disappointed.

Moral of the story: give Coolamon a wide berth in future, and carry a device in future to look up the Internet to confirm the show is not abandonded.

PS. Totally recommend the world class Temora Aircraft Musuem as it was the weekend's saving grace!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How can a $20k race be a Gp3 or visa versa How can a Gp3 race only be worth $20k?

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...romstate=vic#3
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Stent-great win in the 2015 Rowe Cup -The Dominant squaregaiter of NZ/Aus
    The Boss Man gets his mojo back and wins easy in the Coulter Crown, Brunelleschi in my opinion disappointing.
    Illawong Helios continues to win and tonite ran an impressive 1:57.6 over the 1720MS at Melton by leading all the way.

+ Reply to Thread