Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 94 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast

Thread: cobalt

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/su...-1227320228038

“We’ve been named, blamed and shamed and been punished for something nobody has done’’ Kavanagh told RSN.

Kavanagh, one of four Victorian stables being investigated for horses returning illegal levels of cobalt, insisted neither he nor the other trainers had cheated.

He said he had lost horses and had not purchased any at recent yearling sales amid the uncertainty of the future and the drop off of clients.

Peter Moody has revealed he has also lost clients.

Kavanagh said the ongoing investigation and stigma had “affected me personally and my business dramatically”.

“Nobody’s done anything wrong. It’s in feed supplements and it’s turned up in swabs and it’s just unfortunate,’’ he said.

Kavanagh said there was evidence that multiple use of legal supplements could push a horse above the 200 microgram/litre of urine threshold

Jamie Lovett, breeder and part-owner of Melbourne Cup winner Protectionist, appeared unconvinced by Kavanagh’s defence, tweeting “Vitamins … really…’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/su...-1227320228038

Edit - I thought there was evidence that you could not get a horse over 35 on legal supplements or was that just feed? I wonder whether he would go so far as to say that 'multiple use of legal supplements' was following administration instructions
    Last edited by Messenger; 04-26-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Junior Member Weanling apexguy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tony Webb
    Horses
    Celine Castle, Stone of Destiny, Come ou
    The Appeal panel of Racing NEW rejected the appeal of Darren Smith and upheld his 15 years disqualification. Article from the SMH makes interesting reading

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...24-1msd8g.html

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    The longer this goes on the more laughable it gets, surely after all the work Hrnsw has done to prove how it works theirs no way out.

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee

cobolt

Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    The longer this goes on the more laughable it gets, surely after all the work Hrnsw has done to prove how it works theirs no way out.
    i would love to read the 38 page document released by rnsw concerning the smith case..

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by allanjg View Post
    i would love to read the 38 page document released by rnsw concerning the smith case..
    http://www.racingnsw.com.au/site/_co...318-source.pdf

There you go Allan.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Very interesting Warren, I wonder whether ppb is the same as microgram/L for even though they are not talking full disqualification of trainers at 50ppb, if those measurements equate, we are talking about a quarter of the level we have set.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Very interesting Warren, I wonder whether ppb is the same as microgram/L for even though they are not talking full disqualification of trainers at 50ppb, if those measurements equate, we are talking about a quarter of the level we have set.

https://www.google.co.nz/?gws_rd=ssl...ion+definition

Member Filly allanjg will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    allan gee

cobalt

200 mililitres is equal to 200.228 ppm..... i think.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for doing what I should have done myself TC
    so The Association of Racing Commissioners International are sanctioning trainers whose horses return a reading which is a mere ¼ of the Australian level and not letting the horses race until it returns to level 1/8 the 200 we allow
    If the gallops guys get off on top of the AFL/Essendon drug botch up - Australia will be seen as the Drugs sporting capital of the world
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread