+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Substances

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Martin View Post
    Hi Wayne,

The 'vast majority' only refers to the fact that payments are released for races $10k and below, with winners of races with prizemoney above this level still required to await swab results. This brings HRV more or less in line with a number of other states and racing codes in Victoria. Prior to making this change, HRV consulted with the organisations that Carol listed, and took feedback from quite a number of participants/owners, etc. via the Australia wide Harness Industry Facebook Group.

This move will help a large number of participants to better manage their cash-flows without putting at risk the integrity of the sport. Punters confidence should be increased in the knowledge that HRV have doubled post-race swabs to detect cases where people are not doing the right thing.

Cheers, David
    Hi David,

Thanks for replying. I did translate 'vast majority' as being the maths but the starry eyed part of me had to ask the question.

In regards to consultation, not wanting to go tit for tat but we do have the 'Harness Racer' publication and per the media release, HRV has email addresses for 95 per cent of participants. We do receive bulk emails on some matters.

Regards,

Wayne

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Caffiene??

probably need a more "professional" barrister, or is that barista?

http://www.harnesslink.com/Internati...ccepts-charges

how many times do they need to go before the rest of us don't have to put up with it anymore????...........SURELY there has to be a point of no return somewhere.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Justice is slow in NZ Dan - the meeting was 9 months ago and he has already had 3 strikes.
    Some quick justice and potentially there were 55 wins on offer for others
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    3 strikes, 4 charges over 1 weekend 9 months ago, 55 wins this season while these charges have been hanging over the stables head, It’s going to be an interesting outcome, I think a very long spell on the sidelines is in order if found guilty
    Last edited by Richard prior; 03-23-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year KTQ will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Katie Howlett
    Horses
    Jack Mac, Sugar Street

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was emailed this interesting link by one of our readers
    Continuing developments have to be making it harder for the cheats (provided our industry is keeping up with advances)

https://uwaterloo.ca/news/news/drug-...tes-now-easier
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Anybody keeping an eye on the Australia cricket saga?

We've got a pretty well defined drug classification list ranging from minor offences for therapeutic use (eg Bute) to the major stuff (eg bicarb) and the worst stuff (eg EPO). I think most people would agree other offences like whipping the horse too much or placing bets on your own horse would be deemed minor, but team driving, pulling one up, backing the opposition would be major.

On what scale does the Steve Smith offence rate in harness racing terms? Its not match fixing or performance enhancing drugs so its not at the high end of offences. Something that Bancroft/Smith have done would maybe be comparable to treating your horse with a therapeutic drug too close to race day?

Admittedly our media and fan base is on a much smaller scale to the Australian cricket side, but even proportionally speaking the public lynching of Smith is way, way worse than any of our guilty trainers cop. It really shows societies standards in sport and why our game needs to enforce tougher rules on cheats if we wish to secure more fans.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good point Brendan.
    I totally agree, lately I have felt particularly disillusioned as every time I look at the results it seems to me that too many are known offenders (past)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    9mths for Joe Pace

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...uiry-Concluded

"The results of scientific analysis conducted on the product were also presented to the inquiry."

I wonder what the scientific analysis revealed
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year arlington will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Hayes
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    9mths for Joe Pace

http://www.harnesslink.com/Australia...uiry-Concluded

"The results of scientific analysis conducted on the product were also presented to the inquiry."

I wonder what the scientific analysis revealed

A peptide?

+ Reply to Thread